2D characters in 3D world3

Hello , i am building a world with painted large decor imported as planes and sculpted, and characters such as seen in the pict. I loaded an image sequence (walk) as texture of my character , it animates but the animation is useless (even thought, i can see it moving the timeline slider, if I translate my Plane-character in the timeline, the texture cycling doesn´t show anymore and the character is crossing ,frozen in 1 position, the 3d space.
I will have to redo it with Animall addon hoping it will work !
. My problem is : the dark grey pixels (which infact are transparent pixels ), they (you can see them on the bottom right corner on the piece of trailer) hanging around the subject ruining the animation, when not selected. Is there some specific texture node setting resolving the problem, or may be in the png-Gimp export? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Answering to myself, there is a “filltrans” script at silent9.com for gimp.

1 Like

second answer , i found a crude method thinking that Animall doesn´t make too much sense to animate a character, The solution:
after cutting my character image as plane to pieces,(legs, arms etc) subdividing the imageplanes till having enough vertices to "erase° smoothly the contour eliminate the all alpha layer, decimate after: once to remove at list half of the (too many contour vertices,> planar decimate > smooth vertex to get rid of the now very jaggy edges of the planes, go to uv editor to examine some texture discrepency, Now the transparent pixels are out! (just a little aura when selected as opposed to fat transparent pixels when unselected)

Also! when you use the unsubdivide modif, on a plane mesh , each iteration rotates the mesh 45 degres wich is useful if you have to erode a plane diagonally , like a mountain for example,avoiding lotss of jaggy edges , going on back and forth subdividing and unsubdividing make it easier to cut without having tons of vertices.

but here is a right way of doing it…

1 Like