3D Holograms ? When will they be real?

(Miguelangelo2k) #1

It could only be one scene for me to join the contest ! Of cause the Hologram scene is the one, that will stay in our minds for ever...until the real thing comes along and we use it in our daily life...With VR and AR we can at least get an impression...so i will try to catch that very first wow effect, that we had when we first sah princess Leia on the moviescreen...

(Miguelangelo2k) #2

To get the story started, we have to open a book, that was written long time ago...

Magic book by Miguelangelo Rosario on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #3

Very cool, I hope that was a old model and not something just made. Otherwise slower artists like myself have no chance.

(Bart) #4

Welcome on board @miguelangelo2k! Looks like you're already putting that Sketchfab PRO to good use :smile:

(Miguelangelo2k) #5

Thanks...Some is new and some is refurbished...but the whole animation is put together for the purpose...

(Miguelangelo2k) #6

Great... i love the theme of the competition...looks like i am gonna learn a lot doing this...

(Miguelangelo2k) #7

A little test for lightbeams...i love the bloom effect...makes it realistic...would take hours to render that out...
https://skfb.ly/IrXZ

(Jason Ivens) #8

Impressive, how did you get that to work? I have tried to bring in environmental effects to Sketchfab before but I have had no luck.
Or are light beams completely different and not environmental effects.
Sorry I'm still learning :smile:

(Miguelangelo2k) #9

Its not a light effect...its a cone with textures...diffusemap : colored centered rays...specular the same map...
then a transparency with the same rays in b/w and faded to the edges...on top the same colormap for emision...
the rest is post effects like contrast,exposure,saturation and bloom...all done online in the 3d settings...i'll enable download...

(Jason Ivens) #10

Very helpful thank you :smile:

(Miguelangelo2k) #11

...and now for something completely different...another light test...for the animation...

The Force awakens by Miguelangelo Rosario on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #12

Slightly fast, but i am quite interested in your final work if your day 1 stuff looks like that already :stuck_out_tongue:
a book with laserswords and lightshows could be the first book id enjoy to read :smiley:

(Bart) #13

I've just posted a contest update. Enjoy!