Sketchfab Forum

3D model keep reloading on iPAD and iPhone: Msg. “A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded”

(Navi3d) #1

Hi i have a scene very optimized with 100 k polygons and low resolution textures, the fbx size is 30 mb.

In desktops, laptops and android works well, but in a few apple products like ipads and some iPhones the page pop up a message and refresh automatically.

The website is enologyc.mx/proyecto

Thank you very much for the support

3D model keep reloading on iPAD and apple products iOS: Msg. “A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded”

I think the bottleneck here is the number of separate geometries. You have 824 unique meshes, but only 30 unique materials. Ideally there would be just one mesh per material (except in some cases such as scenes with a lot of transparent objects).

We do our best to merge these geometries where possible (down to 70 in this case) during the viewer load, but this can take some time and if there are a lot, it could crash less powerful devices such as phones and tablets. You might get better results if you merge all your meshes that share a material before exporting and uploading.

(Navi3d) #3

Thanks, James I’m going to merge the objects by material as you say, and I do some tests.
I had no idea of ​​the impact that so many separate objects could have.
Thank you very much and we are in touch.

(Navi3d) #4

I make a new scene that its already upload on the same page with the objects merged by material as you said, the size of the FBX is 24 mb but its still not working in macbook air, ipad 6 gen, what other thing i can do to optimize the scene for mobile devices too?, when i tried to locate the scene object in the sketchfab app dont shows up

what is the maximum sizes for mobile devices?.
Thanks

The new version of the model is definitely an improvement. Are you seeing the same behavior on these devices in both Safari and another browser like Chrome?

Your website is throwing a pretty serious security warning on Chrome, by the way.

(Navi3d) #6

Hi i have a scene very optimized with 100 k polygons and low resolution textures, the fbx size is 30 mb.

In desktops, laptops and android works well, but in a few apple products like ipads and some iPhones the page pop up a message and refresh automatically.

The website is enologyc.mx/proyecto

I make a new scene that its already upload on the same page with the objects merged by material as you said, the size of the FBX is 24 mb but its still not working in macbook air, ipad 6 gen, what other thing i can do to optimize the scene for mobile devices too?, when i tried to locate the scene object in the sketchfab app dont shows up

what is the maximum sizes for mobile devices?.
Thanks

(I merged your two forum threads together)