3D Scanning Thursday #30: Christmas

(Bart) #1

Congrats to maksmakovsky, winner of #3DST29 PAPER with his Topiary scan.

He picked ‘Christmas' as our next topic.

We'll be running the 3DST contest on our forum. To participate:

• post your entry on this thread (just copy/paste the URL into your reply).
  • tag your entry with 3DST30

Prize: get your work featured, and win a $25 3D Hubs Coupon. A unique chance to get your scan printed!

Rules:

• Make a 3D scan of a Christmas object by Thursday, December 18th (find great 3D scanning apps here).
  • Share it on your own Sketchfab account, tag it with #3DST30 and post it on this thread (just write down the URL in a reply), and if you like add some comment to it.
  • The author of the model getting the most likes by the following Sunday is featured, wins a $25 3D Hubs 3D printing coupon and gets to chose the following theme.
  • Multiple entries are ok.
  • Entries scanned before theme announcement are not ok.
  • To know everything about #3DST including great tutorials, check this blog post.

Broken Christmas Country #3DST18 by JuanG3D on Sketchfab

3D Scanning Thursday #29: Paper
(Bart) #2

Here are my entries:

Christmas House 2 by Bart on Sketchfab

Christmas Boxes by Bart on Sketchfab

Christmas House by Bart on Sketchfab

Advent Calendar #3DST30 by Bart on Sketchfab

(Abby Crawford) #3

Christmas wreath #3DST30 by Abby Crawford on Sketchfab

Nice @abbyec! The level of detail is really great. The sharpness camera effect makes a bug difference.

(Abby Crawford) #5

Meowy Christmas #3DST30 by Abby Crawford on Sketchfab

(Maksmakovsky) #6

hi everyone!

Merry Christmas #3DST30 by maksmakovsky on Sketchfab

(Alban) #7

My entry!

Santa Coke #3DST30 by alban on Sketchfab

(Tauricity) #8

This is a tradition for my family - not just the gingerbread making, but the 3d scan of the gingerbread. My third year doing it. (Once it's scanned it's SO much easier to throw away!)

I have my other son's house on the way but Project Momento literally takes hours to process a model, but check out annotation 3 on this one - it got great results on the very shiny, melty Jolly Rancher. Man, photogrammetry has come a long way.

"Gingerbread" House #3dst30 by John Fino (tauricity) on Sketchfab

(Bart) #9

Thanks for participating everyone! To find our the winner and our next theme, check out the announcement of 3DST31 smile