# 3D Scanning Thursday 42: Gifts

(Bart) #1

The winner of 3DST41 "Red"

As I was the winner of 3DST41, here's my selection of the winner:

I had a hard time choosing between HoangHiepVu's super realistic entries, mik1190's threatening blood-red Chainsaw and philnolan3d's 'Felicity'. I settled on the Chainsaw as I really liked the grungy feel of the scan, and it made me laugh when I first saw it. Also, is that rust on the blade, or something worse?

Chainsaw #3DST41 by mik1190 on Sketchfab

Congrats @mik1190! Your prize is on its way smile

Check out all the entries of 3DST41 here.

This week's topic: Gifts

If you're getting any gifts this week, hang on a second before you unwrap them and give them a proper 3D scan! I know your inner geek wants to, right? Enjoy smile

Nifty Gifty by -phixel- on Sketchfab

About 3D Scanning Thursday (3DST)

Welcome to the 3DST!

Hey, nice of you to join us! The 3DST is a weekly community challenge for 3D Scanning enthusiasts. Participating is about fun and honor, although we do offer a modest prize.

How do I participate?

We pick a new topic every week and you enter by creating a 3D scan using any tool you like ([here's a list of 3D scanning apps][scanning_apps] that you could use). Don't take the topic too literally, just let the topic be your inspiration for this week.

After uploading, tag your work with the 3DST42 tag so everyone can view the contest gallery. For extra fun, post your entry below (just write down the URL in a reply).

The submission deadline is Thursday before midnight.

What can I win?

3D Hubs is sponsoring the 3DST with a $25 3D printing coupon. Thanks guys!

Cool, anything else?

We only have a few additional rules:

• You can submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries scanned before theme announcement are not ok.

That's about it! If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend and enjoy creating your 3D scans!

3D Scanning Thursday 41: Red
(Mik1190) #2

The reddish thing on the blade should be mostly dried grease used to lubricate the chain :wink:

(Crlnvl) #3

Christmas gifts - #3DST42 by crlnvl on Sketchfab

My christmas gifts !

(Bart) #4

Ohhh, I WANT that Zelda book! smile

(Bart) #5

Here's my entry. Got it for my birthday from my family this year and I've used it almost every day since!

Pocket Knife - 3DST42 by Bart on Sketchfab

(Bart) #6

I just announced the winner and the new theme.