3D Scanning Thursday 45: My Favorite Board Game

3dst

(Bart) #1

The winner of 3DST44 "Fruit"

Hmm, the fruit scans looked delicious! Check them out! I asked the winner of 3DST44, Raffaele Idone, to pick this week's winner:

For me the winner is R0m1R with his 200 camera rig, first time i see a scan like that. It really look like something only a ninja could do.

Banana #3DST44 by R0m1R on Sketchfab

Actually R0m1R fooled us all - here's how he did it: wink A very clever solution.

This week's topic: My Favorite Board Game

This week it's time to dive into your closets and find your favorite board game (or other game, as long as it's not virtual wink. Maybe it'll inspire you to invite some friends and have a great evening away from your computer!

Enjoy!

About 3D Scanning Thursday (3DST)

Welcome to the 3DST!

Hey, nice of you to join us! The 3DST is a weekly community challenge for 3D Scanning enthusiasts. Participating is about fun and honor, although we do offer a modest prize.

How do I participate?

We pick a new topic every week and you enter by creating a 3D scan using any tool you like ([here's a list of 3D scanning apps][scanning_apps] that you could use). Don't take the topic too literally, just let the topic be your inspiration for this week.

After uploading, tag your work with the 3DST45 tag so everyone can view the contest gallery. For extra fun, post your entry below (just write down the URL in a reply).

The submission deadline is Thursday before midnight.

What can I win?

3D Hubs is sponsoring the 3DST with a $25 3D printing coupon. Thanks guys!

Cool, anything else?

We only have a few additional rules:

• You can submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries scanned before theme announcement are not ok.

That's about it! If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend and enjoy creating your 3D scans!

Community Calendar - all upcoming activities
3D Scanning Thursday 44: Fruit
(Bart) #2

Today was a rainy Saturday, so I had plenty of time to play games with the kids:

Carcassonne by Bart on Sketchfab

Shave A Sheep by Bart on Sketchfab

(Alban) #3

I don't play a lot of board games, and my favorite one is probably scrabble, one of the few stuff I took with me when moving from France to the US. here is my entry

Sketchfab Scrabble #3DST45 by alban on Sketchfab

Quick scan

Backgammon (WIP) #3DST45 by James on Sketchfab

(Pabloserranobasterra) #5

When in Rome... "Tabula", board game by Pablo Serrano Basterra on Sketchfab

Hi, everyone!
I am quite new at Sketchfab. First of all, congratulations to the staff for the awesome work developped here.
I am a student on History and Archaeology, and training on using both photogrammetry and 3D software (Blender) for registering and recreating Historical Heritage. When I saw the contest, I remembered a few Roman boardgames I recreated to decorate an ancient tavern, so I uploaded one of them. I a not sure if this model is suitable for this contest, as it is not properly a 3D scan, but a 3D reconstruction. Also, I had a few problems to convert my materials from Blender into Sketchfab (I promise it looks better when rendered in Cycles).
Anyway, I tagged the model with the 3DST keyword. If the model does not fit the purpose or the quality level required, please let me know so that I can change the properties and delete the tag.
Thanks for all!!

I try to link the model here (let's see if I can get it):

When in Rome... "Tabula" board game

(Bart) #6

Hey @pabloserranobasterra!

I do appreciate your entry - the topic is right on and I rather enjoy seeing such a reconstruction. For the purpose of the 3D Scanning Thursday it's not a good entry though, I'm afraid. The idea is to use 3D Scanning or Photogrammetry software for your entries. Sorry smile

(Pabloserranobasterra) #7

Thanks, Bart! I see the question, no problem: I will delete the 3DST tag from my model's properties. I would like to have some real Roman-era board game to scan, but I am afraid Archaeology rarely provides us entire materials -that's why I am learning to recreate them, ha ha... wink
Thanks you for your work at this site. Maybe next time!

(Robertramsay) #8

Camel Cup is my new favourite game thanks to our local boardgame bar! smile

Camel Cup Boardgame scan by robertramsay on Sketchfab

(Bart) #9

That looks intriguing wink

(Abby Crawford) #10

3DST45 - Life by Abby Crawford on Sketchfab

My old favorite board game. It would be fun to see someone attempt Mouse Trap... smile

(Mik1190) #11

Chess was my favourite one, played on this board quite a bit:

Chess #3DST45 by mik1190 on Sketchfab

(Louis) #12

Hey guys!

I scanned the Catan board game of someone at the office. Definitely my favorite game! I played it with 4 friends almost everyday when I was in California.

#3DST45 - Catan Board Game by Louis Bidou on Sketchfab

(Bart) #13

Here are the winner and our next topic. Have fun smile

(Robertramsay) #14

Well done, was thinking is Jenga classed as a board game haha stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

(Bart) #15

Not exactly, but our rules here aren't too strict wink