3D Scanning Thursday 47: Weekend!

(Bart) #1

The winner of 3DST46 "Tools"

Scanning tools wasn't easy - if you were unlucky enough to have shiny, new ones you might be in for a real problem. Old, dirty and rusty models worked best.

I picked Roel Veldhuyzen's Pickaxe as the winner. Roel took great care to clean up his mesh, and he managed to scan a free-standing model.

Pickaxe by Roel Veldhuyzen on Sketchfab

Nice job Roel! Your $25 voucher for 3D Hubs is on its way.

This week's topic: Weekend!

Weekend Morning by mark.energy on Sketchfab

What does the weekend have in store for you? Is it time to go out, do your chores in the house or see friends? Share one of the things that define the weekend for you.

Enjoy smile

About 3D Scanning Thursday (3DST)

Welcome to the 3DST!

Hey, nice of you to join us! The 3DST is a weekly community challenge for 3D Scanning enthusiasts. Participating is about fun and honor, although we do offer a modest prize.

How do I participate?

We pick a new topic every week and you enter by creating a 3D scan using any tool you like ([here's a list of 3D scanning apps][scanning_apps] that you could use). Don't take the topic too literally, just let the topic be your inspiration for this week.

After uploading, tag your work with the 3DST47 tag so everyone can view the contest gallery. For extra fun, post your entry below (just write down the URL in a reply).

The submission deadline is Thursday before midnight.

What can I win?

3D Hubs is sponsoring the 3DST with a $25 3D printing coupon. Thanks guys!

Cool, anything else?

We only have a few additional rules:

• You can submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries scanned before theme announcement are not ok.

That's about it! If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend and enjoy creating your 3D scans!

3D Scanning Thursday 46: Tools
(Jonathansty) #2

Here is my submission. First time posting. Recently discovered photogammetry and have been trying out stuff. The weekend for me is visiting my family. I visited my grandmother and wandered around at her farm taking pictures. Finding this.

Tree Trunk by Jonathan Steyfkens on Sketchfab

(Bart) #3

My entry got stuck in Autodesk Recap for half a day frowning

Sunday Morning by Bart on Sketchfab

(Bart) #4

The new 3DST topic is out!