3D Scanning Thursday 53: Freshly Cut

3dst

(Chaitanyak) #1

This week’s 3D Scanning Thursday topic is “Freshly Cut”.
It can be vegetables, meat, tree/timber, haircut etc.. smile

Is that fun enough?
Run to the kitchen and see what you got! Or grab a hatchet and go on a ..spree of some kind wink

heres some inspiration:
the obvious.. yet glorious fresh veggies

maybe a Mohawk?

or maybe some blood and gore?
(am unclear on sketchfab guidelines.. think youll have to post a disclaimer)

heres the gory video from the movie "Cell" -

have fun!

About 3D Scanning Thursday (3DST)

Welcome to the 3DST!

Hey, nice of you to join us! The 3DST is now a weekly community challenge for 3D Scanning enthusiasts.

After much discussion with the community it was decided that a fresh challenge will launch every week(like before).
However, from now on each challenge will last 2 full weeks, thus giving everyone enough time to produce great results.
We will also be alternating themes between outdoor and indoor subjects.. because just shooting outdoor might be difficult for a lot of people.. and vice versa.

Participating is about fun and honor, although we do offer a modest prize.

How do I participate?

We pick a new topic every week and you enter by creating a 3D scan using any tool you like ([here's a list of 3D scanning apps that you could use). Don't take the topic too literally, just let the topic be your inspiration for this week. As discussed Bart has now started appointing community members as moderators for the 3DST, starting with me @Chaitanyak this month(3 weeks of 3DST) until Bart returns and we pick someone else from the community. I hope you like the topics we pick this month!

After uploading, tag your work with the 3DST53 tag so everyone can view the contest gallery. For extra fun, post your entry below (just write down the URL in a reply).

The submission deadline is Thursday the Aug 14th before midnight.

What can I win?
The prize will now be a generous Amazon voucher, specific to the winner's region's amazon site.
So you can now get any 3d/non3d prize you like!

Cool, anything else?

We only have a few additional rules:

You can submit as many entries as you like.
Entries scanned before theme announcement are not ok.
That's about it! If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend and enjoy creating your 3D scans!

****NOTE**: #3DST52 is still running till Aug 7th, so you still have a week with that theme.**
From now on we will have 2 themes running concurrently! All the best!

3D Scanning Thursday 52: Odd/weird Kitchen Utensil
(Jan Horak) #2

My breakfast (the honey cake) scanned:)

Marlenka - Czech honey cake - #3DST53 by JanHorak on Sketchfab

(Chaitanyak) #3

damn.. i want a bite of that!

(Einscan) #5

Fresh banana scanned by EinScan-S Desktop 3D Scanner. Enjoy!

Learn more @Shining3D

EinScan - Banana - #3DST53 by EinScan on Sketchfab