3ds max exporter - "Couldn't authorize: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."

(Wtr) #1

Hello community!
Been using 3ds max exporter without problems couple months ago. Nothing changed since, no windows updates, server changes or 3ds max updates were installed. Now getting this error across multiple workstations in our studio - win7 and win10.
"Couldn’t authorize: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."
Tried restart max, windows, reinstall of plugin, registry addition of 3dsmax to internet explorer thing suggested by Klaas.
Even installed latest windows updates now. Same.
Please advice.
Thank you

Couldn't authorize: The request was aborted: could not create SSL/TLS secure channel (3ds Max Exporter)

We recently updated our SSL/TLS settings to stronger security settings. We rolled back the change for now, so the exporter should be working again until we can find a better solution. Let us know if you still see this issue!

(Gage Crib Worldwide) #3

Capture

Hi,

I have been trying to use the sketchfab 3ds max exporter for the last week or so. It was running fine initially, however now whenever I start it up, I get this error. I have done the following:

Restarted 3ds max multiple times
Reset my password
Reset 3ds max
Checked administrator privelages (also running 3ds max as an administrator)
Opening a model where I did not get this error previously (same result)
Reinstalled the script multiple times

Literally yesterday I was able to upload models and now I can’t. I am working with windows 10 using 3ds max 2016.

I need this fixed asap because I am using sketchfab as part of an engineering internship project.

Thanks!

@GageCribWorldwide i merged your thread into this one.

(Wtr) #5

Thanks James! Now it’s fine.
Though I am getting this on upload
:
There’s a bad request.
– Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
, 0.0 of 1
"There’s a bad request.
– Runtime error: dotNet runtime exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
"
Sending scene to sketchfab

That could mean that your file is too big for your account’s file size limit. If you manually export one of our supported formats (like OBJ or FBX), how big is it?

(Wtr) #7

it was bigger than the limit. Upgraded to PRO and it worked.

(Misan) #8

Python exporter stopped working too.

This is the error I get:

An error occured: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./send_sketchfab.py”, line 223, in
x=model_url.find(“models”)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘find’

(Misan) #9

Just tried your latest Python code from API v2 and forced upgrade of my requests python library. Still no go, but longer error report:

Blockquote
Uploading …
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:369: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Server Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
SNIMissingWarning
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:160: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
InsecurePlatformWarning
An error occured: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.sketchfab.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/models (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, 'ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure’),))
Start polling processing status for model None
Try polling processing status (attempt #0) …
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/util/ssl
.py:160: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try failed with error HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.sketchfab.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/models/None/status?token=b209f14fb01f468bb19ccc9e4010142b (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, 'ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure’),))
Try polling processing status (attempt #1) …
.py:160: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try failed with error HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.sketchfab.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/models/None/status?token=b209f14fb01f468bb19ccc9e4010142b (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, 'ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure’),))
Try polling processing status (attempt #2) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try polling processing status (attempt #3) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try polling processing status (attempt #4) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try polling processing status (attempt #5) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try polling processing status (attempt #6) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try polling processing status (attempt #7) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try polling processing status (attempt #8) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try polling processing status (attempt #9) …
InsecurePlatformWarning
Try failed with error HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.sketchfab.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/models/None/status?token=b209f14fb01f468bb19ccc9e4010142b (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, ‘_ssl.c:510: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure’),))
Stopped polling after too many retries or too many errors

Blockquote

(Misan) #10

Clearly the problem is associated to the Server Name Indication not supported on Python2 < 2.7.7 (Ubuntu 14.04 uses 2.7.6)

None of the workarounds worked for me, so I moved to Python3 to get it working again.

Yes, you’ll need to use Python 2.7.7 + for SNI / Cloudfront