3DST36 - Romance

(Bart) #1

The winner of 3DST35 "New & Improved"

I invited R0m1R, winner of 3DST34, to pick this week's winner and tell us a bit about his choice. He wrote:

I will choose Abby's scan (my new cat) because from my experience I know that fur is very difficult to scan and it's even harder on a moving subject ! So yeah she has done a really good job with her cat, Congrats !

NB: Gerpho's turbine was one of the best scan I've ever seen but since he won just a few months ago I prefered to choose someone else ^^

My new cat by Abby Crawford on Sketchfab

Congrats @abbyec! The $25 3D Hubs voucher is coming your way.

Check out all the entries of 3DST35 here.

This week's topic: Romance

As I'm in the middle of picking the winners for our Valentine contest, and preparing another Valentine-related project (more on that later today), my mind is on romance smile What does it mean to you? Capture something romantic this week smile

Welcome to 3D Scanning Thursday (3DST)!

Hey, nice of you to join us! The 3DST is a weekly community challenge for 3D Scanning enthusiasts. Participating is about fun and honor, although we do offer a modest prize.

How do I participate?

We pick a new topic every week and you enter by creating a 3D scan using any tool you like ([here's a list of 3D scanning apps][scanning_apps] that you could use). The topic for this week is Romance. Don't take it too literally, just let the topic be your inspiration for this week.

After uploading, tag your work with the 3DST36 tag so everyone can view the contest gallery. For extra fun, post your entry below (just write down the URL in a reply).

The submission deadline is Thursday before midnight.

What can I win?

[3D Hubs][3dhubs] is sponsoring the 3DST with a $25 3D printing coupon. Thanks guys!

Cool, anything else?

We only have a few additional rules:

• You can submit as many entries as you like.
  • Entries scanned before theme announcement are not ok.

That's about it! If you have any questions, let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend and enjoy creating your 3D scans!

3DST35 - "New and Improved!"
(Andy lewis) #2

Well done, Abby. BTW, what drug did you use?? smiley

Romance, eh??

Think I'll need waders to get a scan of this...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanpop.com%2Fclubs%2Fspeter%2Fimages%2F14113001%2Ftitle%2Flove-romance-wallpaper&ei=wEneVIuUL4HraNaXgdAE&bvm=bv.85970519,d.d2s&psig=AFQjCNH-22sAix5LXEzgzAl2Vy_VrmV5cg&ust=1423940334889776

Have a great weekend, guys!

AndyL

(Bart) #3

Actually I picked the topic smile It was one of the things that was discussed here.

(Andy lewis) #4

Must make my sense of humour more accessible.

Drug - For the cat

Romance - Just a comment on the thread. It's a great topic and why shouldn't you choose it? Hope you're having a romantic evening today, BTW.

(Bart) #5

Sure did! Celebrated my wife's birthday, it was great smile Have a great weekend Andy!

(Andy lewis) #6

Just what I was hoping. You too mate. wink

Community Calendar - all upcoming activities
(Lepdecor) #7

Angel by Lepdecor on Sketchfab

(Crlnvl) #8

My entry

Ice Climbers #3DST36 by crlnvl on Sketchfab

Once again, a difficult scan. These are two recently 3D printed models I tried to capture with Smart3DCapture. No problem for the calibration but the lack of texture creates artifacts and the reconstruction is not perfect. About 100 photos taken with my Galaxy Nexus. I should invest in a new camera, I think the photo quality is not very good with my smartphone.

(Hoang Hiep Vu) #9

Rose #3DST36 by HoangHiepVu on Sketchfab

This is a model of rose plant I scanned with Smart3dCapture. The rose pot is quite challenge, due to its complexity. While I took photos, I was afraid that the rose would change its position, by directing itself towards the electrical bulbs at home.

Rose is a symbol of romance, of course.

(Bart) #10

Great result! I was thinking of scanning some flowers too, I'll see how it goes today :smile:

By the way, I updated your post to fix the embed. Just edit it to see how I did it.

(Bart) #11

Here's my entry. I've been trying to improve my technique a bit following this great conversation here on the forum.

Cupids #3DST36 by Bart on Sketchfab

(Mik1190) #12

I tried too scanning some flowers but the result was not really good...will wait for next topic :slight_smile:

(Bart) #13

Hey folks,

I just announced the winner and the new topic. Enjoy and have a great weekend smile

(Hoang Hiep Vu) #14

Thanks Sketchfab et Abby (@abbyec) , I have my printed 3D model today: https://skfb.ly/CuT7

(Bart) #15

Cool! Did you do that through 3D Hubs? Was there someone close to where you're living?

(Hoang Hiep Vu) #16

Yes, I live in Paris region, so there are many 3D Hubs available. For the quality of this statue, I did pay a little bit more beside 25$ from Sketchfab.

(Bart) #17

In Paris! Cool, we should meet some time - I'm probably in Paris later this month smile

(Hoang Hiep Vu) #18

yeah, I'm looking forwards to it !