[3Rton] Miss. Chocolate Science

(3rton) #1

"If I can't have a boyfriend this valentine I'll create my own...... OUT OF CHOCOLATE!" Said one nameless mad scientist once upon the time weeks before valentines. With that she went on to figure out how to create boys out of sugar and chocolate. I woke up to this contest bit too late and kinda freaked out today by the latest update. Still 12 days might be enough...
I wanted to refine the idea in 2D more, though, but no time for that I guess. Basically it is going to be scene of aforementioned miss constructing the brains of her prince probably on a pedestal (sort of like figure, don't think there'll be time for full scene) and some kind of throne. We'll see how far I'll get.

WIP:

So far not much to show here is the roughest concept I'll probably end up using (colors are still ?)

I wanted to do sort of chibi/cute thing and Powerpuff Girls B and Hollow Fields were kind of the style I was trying to emulate. Overall the idea was inspired a lot by Emons Dreamin' Chuchu and Mirai Kuriyama. There just is something about cute girls that are sort of psychotic hm. Tomorrow I'll hopefully get done some kind of sketch of the final scene, block in the forms and proportions with mannequins to see how it works and then... it's just race of sculpting, texturing and posing till 22th I guess. Atm sort of unsure if I'll make it. 11 days is sort of lot but sort of not = _="

Wellp not all dreams come true. I was really hoping I'd manage to rush something presentable together today but I guess I'm still just way too green. Add trying to hurry and couple critical crashes and my hopes of getting somewhat nicely posed character out was a lackluster (seeing as it is 5 past the dead line)
Here is a screenie of before the last crash:

It was looking pretty good with the unwraps and more colors too but blah. I guess my only regret is starting this too late. And maybe aiming for too complex scene. I should have probably gone for something like the teddy as main character instead of him being a side asset. Wellp maybe next time.

(Bart) #2

Welcome on board! Don't forget to subscribe to the contest updates thread to receive a notification when we have news to share.

(Bart) #3

Hi,

a quick personal reminder that the Mad Science contest closes next Wednesday (midnight, 23:59 New York time). So whatever you decided to do this weekend - you'd better cancel it and finish your entry :slight_smile:

As always, you can read contest updates here, and if you have any last minute questions feel free to email me at bart@ this website.

Good luck!!

(3rton) #4

Heh sorry to disappoint I just couldn't get it done ^^"
Hopefully you'll have a mad scientist contest next year too! I'll level up my speed by then!

(Bart) #5

Sorry to hear that, I was interested to hear her story! :slight_smile: