4 Troopers and an Order to route 66, Revenge of the Sith, Annotated

(Dark Minaz) #1

Hi there :stuck_out_tongue:

As the title states, i'm going for the order 66. by far one of my fav parts of the options given. (so wanted to remodel darthmaul and the most epic fight in the entire saga :frowning: )

since i can't find the chip adapter for me old phone (yeah, i don't own a smart phone :P) i can't take pictures of my rather horrible sketchpainting in my book. well i had time waiting for someone.

So i thought, i put togetter a little image with help of mr. lowpoly dude and his friends.

1. intro, star wars style
  2. rest of the intro
  3. image start -
  4. scene with all fighting together, going pew pew
  5. 3 dudes stop shooting, because of a call ... damn phones, even in war they keep ringing
  6. standing around 3d pillar with sith dude mc evil.
  7. zoom in and "EXECUTE order 66"
  8. bonus hidden
  9. turn around and attack jedi
  10. our trio looses one guy against the jedi, probably make a scene like "nooo they killed kenny"
  11. our now duo finds a canon and aim at generic jedi 2
  12. generic jedi 2 wan't that generic, but he falls down, oh noez
  13. image ends -
  14. party at bob's house
  15. hidden bonus 2
  16. end screen.

So, most fans realize by now, it's not accurate, because it's not about the order 66, but the glorious trio and their conquest for glory. But with a few elements of the original, like killing random jedi dude and shooting at obi.

Also, on a side note, do annotations with pro vanish once you loose pro? or do they stay as long you won't change the scene?

(Dark Minaz) #2

super duper robot trooper sing

maya pre smooth version :stuck_out_tongue:
Modeling star wars stuff is so easy, with like 500 reference images :smiley:
back, that weird ass cover, legs to go , then time for laz0rgunz

(Dark Minaz) #3

Still with maya's "3" presmooth option.

things i learned today
- stormtroopers got a boobie chest .. never noticed that so far :smile:
- right leg got another look for the knee .. also never noticed that

Back with that sexy diaper ass :stuck_out_tongue:

and the non-smooth version, 4853 poly, i guess that is an okay value. Then again, i am sure someone could do better. But i am happy with my result so whatever :smiley:

edit: still not sure if i want to add more than those 4. My current paint idea.
Cody - leader, kinda like in the movie with the orange. Super serious about his look
kenny - he kinda missed the "no stickers on your uniform" memo, got a little toy hanging out of his backpack
Bob - is really into 2000's army style and a dog tag around his neck
dante - batman fanboy, so he repainted his armor black.

so like that, the white one will get a lot of stickers and mini objects
bob gets some more army gadgets
and dante gets a cape, you know .. for batman reasons and a utility belt
cody is kinda done they way he schould be now, changed his helmet, added that front part, changes his shoulders, added knee pads.
(nothing is textured yet, simply different materials to show kinda the plan.

(Jason Ivens) #4

Nice work, they look amazing :smile:

(Dark Minaz) #5

thanks :smile: still a lot of details to go and well a texture.
i am planing on uploading them at the end of the contest as a free download, so i am putting in the extra 20% effort to make it properly.

i probably stay with the low poly version, since i need roughly 40 of them in the scene. 10-12x each.
Well tomorrow is painting time, or working on my FMA project .. aw much to do, so many ideas, yet so few free time.

(Dark Minaz) #6

StarWars Trooper Kenny by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

Commander Kenny, kinda ready for action, you never know with that guy :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jason Ivens) #7

Looking pretty cool, the volt boy it a nice touch :smile:
Just a heads up it appears as if you missed a poly on his left bit while texturing.

(Dark Minaz) #8

yeah, gotta fix that later, somehow didn't notice that. missed like 4 more :stuck_out_tongue: but i wanted to test it first, before i keep going with detail painting (if the normal map and metal parts work the way they should etc)

but overall it's the way i imagined it in my pretty terrible sketch :smiley:

(Bart) #9

Jay! Glad to see you've joined us again :smile: I've added one month of Sketchfab PRO to your account so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations for your Star Wars scene. Enjoy :smile:

(Dark Minaz) #11

ah cool wanted to test out the annotation camera movement soon anyway before i finish putting the guys in position.

Btw totally off topic, do the 20 annotations stay even when the month of "pro" ends? or will just the first 5 stay? Same regarding the size, if there is any issue if it's bigger than 50mb after the pro ends.
Couldn't find that info anywhere or i am just to stupid to find it.

On topic: working on the laser guns .. but i kinda want to go more halo style with them .. star wars guns look ... ehm what's the nice word ... "cheap" :stuck_out_tongue:

1480 poly vs 10492 .. i still don't like the star wars gun design .. ^^

(Dark Minaz) #12

.. and back to my detail issue, guess the tiny saber uses 17k poly :smiley: then again i only need 2 in the entire scene so .. meh, but it looks so pretty with more details :smiley:

(Dark Minaz) #13

fixed kenny :stuck_out_tongue: it was a layer that i thought i had deleted but apparently didn't

also lightsabers wuush wuuush ...

Lightsaber by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

.. star wars lets the little kid in me free.

e: hmm pro is quite nice with the background change option :smile:

(Kyan0s) #14

Awesome work :smiley: !

(Dark Minaz) #15

Thanks, ever since i started doing 4-5 hours a day i gotten way faster (and in my opinion) better.
there is a saying in german "übung macht den meister" aka training makes you a master ... which is irony giving my name is meister. But it seems to be true.
- remove sleep + add 3d modeling :smiley:

(Jason Ivens) #16

Nice work with the blaster and lightsaber :smile:
Have you uploaded the fixed version of Kenny as I'm still seeing the old one with a new background.

(Dark Minaz) #17

ah ... down there is a problem :open_mouth:
i thought you meant the little black spot on the left chest piece
... never did check the foot, on it.
e: now the foot bit should be fine :stuck_out_tongue:

(Dark Minaz) #18

Creating a generic jedi 2 (obi) ... oh shit i made one punch man ... guess i have to play with the head a bit more :smile:
Well and arms.. apparently people need them

But i need a little break, to many polys to shove forth and back to make it look "cloth style" .. bah

(Dark Minaz) #19

and generic jedi done
i kinda like the fact that he just looks like a nobody, so i won't care if my glorious troopers shoot him down :smile:
well now i need to model obi, or rather play with his face till it kinda looks like a Scottish jedi :smile:

eyebrows and hair will be added when all the important stuff is done, till then he stays hairless generic jedi 1

Generic Jedi - Star Wars Contest 2015 by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #20

After 0 people told me that cody was a clone trooper and not a storm trooper .. i decided i still change him, because the inner voice was stronger than me again.

Also BatTrooper aka dante got new abs, a new belt and a shiny new hat. + a cape .. to fight crime in space

and more done on cody.

(Dark Minaz) #21

nanana stormbatman

Dante Stormbatman by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

Not 100% happy with the belt yet, but the rest is like i planed. Cody and bob to go.
and evil old dude + scottish jedi + riding animal + planet + rocks +buildings ... aw man xD

e: and fiddled with the sketchfab light settings, so kenny and jedi+sword schould look better now. Totally forgot to add lights :open_mouth: