Adding Textures

materials
textures

(Locke Solutions) #1

This is my model. I exported from Autodesk Inventor. The bottom of this model is concrete, and the top is steel galvanized diamond plate. I can't get the textures right for these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have exhausted myself on trying to get these to appear right.

(Dark Minaz) #2

not sure how inventor works but as with most cad tools you generally need to have a uv to display textures.
As any app needs to know where to put them.
Not sure if you can do that in inventor or if you have to choose maya or blender (free alternative) to do so. Looking at your model it doesn't seem to have any uv information. So naturally everything that isn't a single color will have issues :slight_smile:

(Locke Solutions) #3

Thanks for your help. I'm new to this all. Is this something fairly simple to do?

(Dark Minaz) #4

uv's can be tricky for certain geos
for your model you probably can get away with some automatic projection and hope for the best. might work quite decent. or select one wall and do planar projection and go to the next one.
Should work to start with, but might have some seams here and there

But i think it would be a simple start and then slowly start reading how to make the uv's better by doing more :slight_smile:

(Emerson215) #5

Great job.Thanks for this one.