Sketchfab Forum

Animation cycle mode to none is playing though entire animation list

(Num T) #1

Hello!

When I set the animation cycle mode to none I would expect sketchfab to play 1 take and the stop playback. What is currently happening is that it plays through all takes before stopping - is this a bug or by design? The current behaviour makes it very difficult to just play the current animation take through the viewer API unless I'm missing something...

Cheers

Jon Westlake

Hello Jon!

This is the expected behavior.

One: loop the current animation
All: loop through all available animations
None: play all the available animations then stop

Please see the Help Center for more details.

For the Viewer API, you should be able to setCurrentAnimationByUID() then play() it?

(Num T) #3

Hi James

Thanks for the response! Shame that there is no way to automatically stop playback after each take. I'm currently running a main loop in my script to get round this but it is not a good way to be going about what I'm trying to do I'm sure.

Thanks for the help anyway

Cheers

Jon

(Jon Russell) #4

Hi,

Did anyone ever find a work-around for playing just a single animation only once? I would like to play individual animation on demand, but the looping is causing issues.

Jon

(Jon Russell) #5

Sorry, but I have to ask...

Did anyone ever find a work-around for playing just a single animation only once? I would like to play individual animation on demand, but the looping is causing issues.

(david_maas) #6

the design needs more options then. Might you consider adding one option:

One loop: loop the selected animation
One stop: play (and stop at end frame) the selected animation
All: loop through all available animations
None: play all the available animations then stop

This would be really invaluable for scientific / technical illustration and countless other things.

(Jon Russell) #7

Agree!