Annie Mei - Stylized Character Fan Art

Hi all :slight_smile: I haven’t posted in the forums before but I’ve been using sketchfab for quite a while, I posted one of my WIP shots over on the discord but figured i could drop some in the forums too!

Last year in August I started working on this 3D interpretation of CTChryslers character Annie, it’s taken a while but i’m super happy with it so far. She’s just about done too so i’m really excited to create a rig for her :slight_smile:

Here’s some of CTs art that i used as reference for the model, and below this i’ll post some WIP shots.
CTChrysler Art links
Twitter
Instagram

1 Like

Super early sculpt stages from last year

1 Like

Second batch of WIPs, but for the body instead :slight_smile: these are all a few days/weeks apart as i’m squeezing sessions in between full time work

1 Like

This is from when I was blocking in parts of the hair, I tried to keep it basic to just get the general idea going

1 Like

This was a few weeks later after a lot of tweeks, merging of hair meshes and a bit of retopo to get the right shapes, but i think it came out really nicely

1 Like

For the suit I simply extracted her bodies mesh out, and used ZBrush layers to add in the details

2 Likes

This is way later down the line of the project, but the same idea applies here, more details and zbrush layers to be less distructive with my work

1 Like

Once the suit was done i worked on the jacket, this was actually pretty easy and fun to do, learnt quite a lot making this part

1 Like

During this project I actually learnt a few new tools in ZBrush, and i think that’s agreat way to approach these projects, try to learn new tools and push your boundaries a bit

1 Like

The previous image was more or less the finished sculpt so from this point on the project needed retopology and baking, then texturing

1 Like

Topic moved to #artwork:work-in-progress-wip

1 Like

Oops my bad sorry @bartv :sweat_smile:

Going to keep posting some progress pics as i think it’ll be a nice reference for people to look through when i post final piece :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was the first block in i did for the textures, I wasn’t super happy with the initial look but it was honestly just cool to finally see her with some colour

1 Like

Second pass on texturing, now i was starting to see a bit better idea of where things were going, but her face was kind of lacking any soul :stuck_out_tongue:

I think at this point i remember pulling back the textures to rethink how they looked, i found i wasn’t super happy with how textured it looked, was a little over-rendered for the look i was going for, so i simplified things a bit

1 Like

More progress on the textures, added more life into the face :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s another progress shot with a comparison, at this point I was kind of nearing completion of the textures

And here’s the most reason WIP image :slight_smile: I think a couple things changed after this but i’ve mostly been working on tweaking details, and teaching myself rigging so i can pose here and give a nice idle animation :wink: She’s so close to being finished and i’m really excited to share more !

2 Likes

Lots of great progress in those images! Very cool to see your whole process. :slight_smile: Your project is giving me motivation to try to learn more about ZBrush; it still feels like a Wild West kind of application, so much to discover…

1 Like