Annotations editing and options - for the wishlist

api

(Jrgration) #1

Just started using Sketchfab and have found some feature very interesting. As its so successful in its potential to share and embed models I would be really interested to know if there is more scope to the current annotation feature.
I'm especially keen to know if the following can be achieved at the moment, or are perhaps being worked on for the future:

• Editing the style of the annotation, such as transparency of the textbox and font type etc.
  • Adding custom bullets, so not just the same numbers but different categories (some might contain information, other just a viewpoint, others might be for hyper-links etc.
  • Adding various forms of media to the annotations, such as images. Or connecting images that display as an overlay to specific annotations. This could be a very useful tool to add a lot more information, context etc to various models. I haven't found a suggestion on how to integrate images in the annotations so far so I presume its not already out there.
  • Triggering specific animations through the annotations, such as the changing of textures.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts, or perhaps solutions for these!

Hello, welcome!

• Editing the style of the annotation, such as transparency of the textbox and font type etc.
  • Adding custom bullets, so not just the same numbers but different categories (some might contain information, other just a viewpoint, others might be for hyper-links etc.

I'll add your +1 to the feature request(s) :smile:

• Adding various forms of media to the annotations, such as images.
  • Triggering specific animations through the annotations, such as the changing of textures.

You could do it with the Viewer API:

(Jamesculley) #3

Options to set up fix camera viewpoints for animated scenes.