Any Way To Not To Compress Textures

textures

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #1

Hey Are There Anyway To Not Compress The Textures, Making A Custom Textures, Like A Parameter On The API

Cause Material Showcases Are Getting Compressed And Becoming Low Res, Especially The Displacement Map, Which I Disabled Cause It Looks Horrible, But Still Thou

Here Is The model :

(Stephomi) #2

Textures are not compressed in the editor, and your model looks identical in the editor vs in the viewer.
I'm not sure where the issue is.

Also displacement isn't effective in your model because of the factor 0 (and it requires much higher polycount to work correctly, since displacement is currently exclusively based on vertex offsetting).

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #3

Stephomi, I Removed The Displaced Effect

There Is Problem Where Sometimes, The Spec Texture Kinda Offsets? Its When I Get To Tweak The Models Like The Spec Values, Then After A Few While It Fixes, And Sometimes It Dont?

Hi,

Could you post some specific example with screenshots of this problem?

Thanks!

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #5

Cant Seem To Recreate This, And I Tested With A Another Model With Different Textures, Seems Like When You Upload The Textures Externelly, And Try To Use It For The First Times, It Offsets, And Is Fixed By Deselecting The Texture And Re-selecting

So Its Not A Problem anymore I Guess, This Only Occured With The Sphere Model And No Other, UV Issue?

Interesting. Ok, thanks for the details.