Sketchfab Forum

Api SketchFab custom loading bar

(Edsahergom) #1

Hi,

Is it possible to create a custom loading bar with the api? I mean a bar that shows the percentage the model has charged.

Thanks.

Hi,

At the moment it's not possible to get the % from the viewer during loading, but you could cover the iframe with your own generic loading screen / animation and wait for the viewerready event to remove it.

(Shaderbytes) #3

Although this trick is handy and i have used it before.. not ideal because since there is no feedback on bigger models the user could think the viewer is stuck Works great on smaller models..

(Emerson215) #4

I was confused but now I got it.Thank you for your information.

(Edsahergom) #5

It would great to have that percentage so that people don't think the page is crashed. Please let me know if it could be possible in the near future.

Many thanks James.

(Edsahergom) #6

Hello James, I have another question related to the API. Is it possible to call vr using a different button to the one sketchfab already show. I want to hide all those setting and create my own vr button.

Many thanks.

You could link directly to .../embed?cardboard=1&autostart=1 which would work for mobile VR, but I don't think there's a way to do it for Desktop / WebVR right now.