Basic search now includes store (paid) models everywhere

I’m not sure if this is a bug or intentional but I’m thinking the former because a team member replied that all downloadable models are supposed to be free (How to search just for FREE + Downloadable models?).

When you search Sketchfab for models and click downloadable, it now includes paid models scattered everywhere as well. It wasn’t like this as recently as a few days ago.

2 Likes

It’s an intentional change that “downloadable” includes both free and paid content, but we need to improve the filters to allow searching for only free items, or specific licenses.

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Any estimate as to when the filter for only free models will deploy?

1 Like

I don’t have an estimate, sorry. However, you can see visually which are free and which are paid in the results:

I understand. The difficulty for me is that it slows down browsing a lot. I actively have to look at both the image and then the icon and be repeatedly disappointed when what I was about to click on is not free. I understand though that sketchfab needs to make money and this is a way to encourage people to buy things, at a cost of making free things more difficult to find.

Yep, we know the user experience is not ideal. We’ll be working on it.