Batman Begins - The Narrows

(Glenatron) #1

Edit:

Right, I'm calling this done! Here's my final entry for the 'static' category.
Good luck to everyone entering!

Gonna throw my hat in the ring!

I'm going to remake the shot from near the end Batman Begins, of batman swooping over the narrows to stop Ra's, appearing as a demonic apparition, from the perspective of someone on the ground. I'll be aiming for a chunky, painterly look to this.

Here are a couple of reference shots from the movie, for the scene I'm aiming to depict, and general tone reference:

Welcome on board! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

Love the intricate setting! Have fun!

(Glenatron) #3

Thanks @c0re!

I forgot to upload my blockout so it's progressed to a (mostly) finished mesh. Lightmaps are pure garbage atm, but I'm trying to get a sense of tone before I improve them. Textures have been blocked out and had a first pass, and I'll show these in an update soon...

(Glenatron) #4

I've reuploaded the mesh with latest. Lightmaps still need a lot of work, and a fair bit more dressing etc. but it's coming along. You also seem a bit squat at the moment, so will look at fixing that asap

(Glenatron) #5

Here's the latest update. I've got a few bits to fix, and some colour balancing to do, but I'm 96% of the way there. Which is good since tonight is the deadline!

(Glenatron) #6

Right, I'm calling this done! Here's my final entry for the 'static' category.
Good luck to everyone entering!