Batman Vs Superman logo Tutorial

(Dark Minaz) #1

Hi there

Decided to make another little mini tutorial, this time with images, not sure what version works better.
1. Create default scene, so import reference

2. make batman logo, i like to use the quad draw tool for those things

3. mirror, copy, hide, and cut out a hole :stuck_out_tongue:

4. Create S or "hope" as superman calls it

5. extrude stuff (ignore the filled out part in the middle, i will delete that later, was try and error at that stage)

6. combine and try to align some lines, add some extra if you need

7. As mentioned above, delete everything you don't need

8. use edge weld +add or delete edges where it doesn't work to well.

9. hit 3 in maya to give it a "preview smooth", just to see if you did it correct

10. Use Bridge to fill out the hole in the middle, remove some edges or add some again if it doesn't work perfectly

11. hit 3 again, to see if it kinda looks like this

12. bevel the edges to force smooth to keep the edges they way you wanted them

13. do that for the lines outside, fix some things that don't work the way they are supposed to (i had to fix my little spikes for example)

14. smooth it out :smile:

Uv's, i am no uv expert but they look kinda fine this way :smile:

and you got a nice little batman v superman logo insignia thing, create uv, texture it and you are done :smile:
And the final version looks something like this :smile:

Batman Vs Superman Logo by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

Cheers
Darkminaz

(Lorenzoderijcke) #2

nice logo @dark_minaz :smile: which software did you use to unwrap your model and create your uv's ?

(Dark Minaz) #3

3d coat, love it for uv's, planing on writing a bit in depth tutorial for it in the near future :smile:

(Juang3d) #4

Cool logo! it looks like there's a normal map on this. And I look forward to that interesting UVs edition on 3D Coat.

(Dark Minaz) #5

yeah noticed in the end that it had a little extra part that came out so i painted the normal map in painter
To be a bit more accurate :wink:

(Alex Oberski) #9

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grinning: