Bloody butcher Cannibal (WIP)

(Petervrieling) #1

Hey everyone, my first post here.

So I'm working on a project for a horror game, Oya: Craving in the mist.
This will be one of the cannibals, he'll get accessories like a big knife.
But for now it's all about creating a scary guy.
Any feedback to make him more scary or interesting is of course welcome :smile:

Blind butcher cannibal WIP) by Peter Vrieling on Sketchfab

A little more backstory about the environment from the cannibal is that he's roaming on a now abandoned island. He's part of a group of people who were left there around the 70's (more here cravinginthemist.com/story/).

His weapon

Blind butcher's cleaver by Peter Vrieling on Sketchfab

(Lorenzoderijcke) #2

hi @petervrieling :smile:

nice work, you could make a few adjustments to the mouth/head since it is a cannibal maybe some evidence that the guy is in fact feasting on human remains like blood and gore around the mouth, or the jaw that is slightly dislocated for instance due to being malnourished. or on the other hand make him more obese that can make him look more frightening.

Perhaps details on the clothes to indicate more wear and tear. for now he looks like a closet-type of cannibal, like that he is only doing it after it's dayjob :stuck_out_tongue:

some of the stuff I like when talking about blind creatures like the death creature in hellboy 2 or in general blindfolded creatures and eyesockets sewn shut etc.

or the Wendigo creatures from the game until dawn. on ps4

I am looking forward to updates on this post :smile:

(Petervrieling) #4

Hey lorenzo,
Thanks for the feedback those are some good points.:smile:
A little more backstory about the environment from the cannibal is that he's roaming on a now abandoned island. He's part of a group of people who were left there around the 70's (more here cravinginthemist.com/story/). So it would make sense for the clothing to be more worn and torn till a certain extend.
The eyes sown shut is a good idea for the people he captured (the people the capture are researchers who go to the island to research :P) or perhaps a 2nd cannibal.
The reason he looks fairly normal is because we wanted to refrain from them looking like or becoming zombies. It would however make sense for him to have more evidence of feeding like the blood as you mentioned :+1:
I'll post updates when I have them :smiley:

(Petervrieling) #5

A small new update..
The cannibal's weapon.

Blind butcher's cleaver by Peter Vrieling on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #6

Just as a side input, we got a wip section :smile: https://forum.sketchfab.com/c/artwork/work-in-progress-wip

On topic, well my favorite cannibal is of the show Hannibal, and he looks rather normal.
They did most of the scary setting with the overall scene, so your i guess he is rather fine this way.
id lower the blood on his face though, even someone that would rip things out and eat them would use the back of the hand to move the rests away after eating.

but a blind butcher on a desert island .. how is he supposed to hunt anyone down? maybe half blind with only one eye or something would make him look a bit more creepy and slightly better at killing someone

(Petervrieling) #7

Thanks hadn't noticed the WIP section. :smile:

The blood on the face is indeed a bit much, I'll fix that when i'm fixing all the visible seams.
And for him beeing blind, there isn't a legit reason why he's blind, there's a bit of magic/mystery surrounding the island where he and his group are at. But that's kind of a lazy excuse :smiley: It'll change at some point soon (Maybe an eye patch, so he's also a pirate :joy:)

(Dark Minaz) #8

exactly, or give him 2 different eye colors, you know .. since he ate his eye and then thought "oh this guy got a cool eye color" :smiley:
just figured it is really hard living on a deserted island and a killer and blind at the same time, might be rather hard do to. I mean someone would have to take care of you (unless you become daredevil for some reason).
but homicidal pirate butcher with a creepy human skin doll and 5 different eyes for his pirate eye to change (you know, according to the shirt he wears that day) might be rather interesting.

(Petervrieling) #9

It's been a while, but the he's ready for animation, after that maybe some tweaking on the texture again :smile: