Bots following me?

3d

(Even572) #1

Hi! Im pretty new to sketchfab, and in the last weeks, I've been getting a lot of followers. Nothing against that, but most of the profiles almost seems like bots. People that just signed up and following me haha. Any way of checking if they are real or not? Would be awesome if it were real followers!

(Dark Minaz) #2

a lot of those are people that just signed up and get a list of people they might want to follow :slight_smile: (or people who might just want to see 3d art but don't have the time to learn it)
i hardly think someone would make the effort to create a bot that simply goes and follows people.

(Even572) #3

Hah thats cool! Well, better get busy and post some models to feed those followers then hehe

(Dark Minaz) #4

exactly :slight_smile: The new newsfeed also really encourages to follow people way more than the old. So nice to open it and see so many nice works neatly on a page.

(Smallpoly) #5

That's been really confusing to me too. In the last week I gained about 150 new followers, a lot of them new, and I have't been able to tell where they're all coming from.

Sketchfab hasn't added analytics yet, right?

(Bart) #6

Hey guys,

the newsfeed and onboarding don't quite explain these jumps, we're looking in to it. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

(Code Pixel) #7

I've been wondering about this, as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind followers but
It jumped oddly fast for me