api

(Klaasnienhuis) #1

Tested with API 1.3.1 and 1.4.2 and the configurator studio

Reproduce

Load a model with the API
Add a click event which logs the event argument
Click on an object to trigger the event

or

Load a model in the configurator studio (https://labs.sketchfab.com/experiments/configurator-studio/)
Add a toggle option
Click Select object
Click Select in viewer(with the eyedropper icon)

What happens

The event argument is an object with 5 items: material, normal, position2D, position3D and instanceID. The instanceID is undefined. In the configurator studio, no object is picked.

What I expect

The instanceID should report an integer. I’m sure I’ve actually clicked on an object because the other 4 items in the event argument return expected values.

This issue occurs out of nowhere and affects the latest API but also previous API’s. Existing projects are affected.

(Shaderbytes) #2

I can confirm the click events are no longer working in my utility like the used to ( code pen examples of my documents, nothing has changed my side) , tested with 1.3.0

(Paul Sketch) #3

thanks a lot for the quick & very clear report, reproduced on older viewer api (< 1.4 )and fixed.
Fix will be in production asap

Cannot reproduce on viewer api >= 1.4 though, still investigating that, but if you do have any links to one that doesn’t work with 1.4, that would be nice ?

(Paul Sketch) #4

Fix is in production.
Thanks again for the quick report.

(Klaasnienhuis) #5

@paul_sketch, I can confirm the fix. thanks for the speedy work. You can mark this solved.