Sketchfab Forum

Burning Legion Outhouse

(Zachary Hixson) #1

Where do the demons of the burning legion go to use the bathroom when duty calls? Why, right here!

This mobile outhouse comes equipped with its very own swirling vortex to quickly and violently obliterate anything that dares to escape from the exhaust ports at the base of the structure! All a desperate demon need do is locate the inviting banner of FLUSHRAZIM, OUTHOUSE OF THE LEGION!

Hope to have a base blockout done tomorrow night!

Burning Legion Invasion Ground Zero
(Fiery25123) #2

Ahahahaha! This sounds HORRIFYING! :scream: A normal outhouse is bad enough. But a FEL one?! :dizzy_face:

Despite how horrifying it seems, the sketch is also quite beautiful :slight_smile: Can't wait to see more!

(Michael Calvert) #4

Great start, this is hilarious. Looking forward to this.

(Tgi) #5

omg imagine a line of demons waiting outside the door :joy: this is hilarious!

(Nate Master Flash) #6

I like your idea. Unique and funny. Could see adding some hazard/warning signs on that pathway up.

Looking forward to your next art dump.

(Dark Minaz) #7

love the idea. Id love to go mighty 2 knowing that it ends up in some neverending hellhole of death and destruction ... or might get teleported to stormwind by accident :smiley:

let's hope there won't be a to big line for that one outhouse

(Zachary Hixson) #8

Hi! It's not much, but it's what I could cobble together in my massive single hour of free time after work!

This is just a basic blockout of the land and where the outhouse will actually sit and a proxy for the outhouse. It'll get more robust as I have lots of fun extra details planned.

Thanks for all of the kind words thus far! It's very motivating! I just hope I can do this justice.

(Zachary Hixson) #9

I've been sick the last two days, but I was finally well enough to work on this some tonight.

I just wanted to say that I'm pretty happy with how the skull is turning out.

(Chaitanyak) #10

this is going to be epic!
cant wait to see more..
and now i remember i need to add a bunch of skulls to mine :stuck_out_tongue:

(Zachary Hixson) #11

Tonight's update!

Got the base geometry of the outhouse "done." I think I might add some more scene details before finishing the outhouse.

(Zachary Hixson) #12

Did a little animation test to see if the banner would work as I intended. Looks like it is!

I also put in some annotations to see if they worked alongside animation. Again, success!

(Zachary Hixson) #13

I updated the WIP sketchfab file above with a lot of new geometry, so please check it out!

I'm almost to the point where I can start painting everything. Exciting!

Awesome progress! Love the subtle animation.

(Zachary Hixson) #15

I got the base maps baked down for the banner. I'm gonna paint it tomorrow night after work.

I have faith that this will look cool once it has received some hand-painted lovin'.

(Daniel Di) #16

I got my town hashed out with some proxies and basic terrain, and I think I'm now at the point where I can start tearing stuff up! After that step, it'll be time to get the infernal in there and start making final versions of all of the hero assets! I really hope I've not bitten off more than I can chew... I have a habit of doing that. I have tried to set up my geometry to use lots of repeating sections, so that should help out somewhat.

(Zachary Hixson) #17

I did some painting tonight! It was fun. I wanted to be further along, but I guess ya just gotta make do with what time you have after work, right?

I still have a lot of metal to go, but the rest is mostly complete. Oh yeah, and the banner itself. Still gotta do that too! (And an entire island and outhouse! Time keeps on slippin'...)

(Dark Minaz) #18

looking good so far. digging the horn style :slight_smile:
p.s. i feel you, wanted to be more done by this stage as well. getting new ideas all the time really doesn't help. Work and other rl really keeps slowing down the time you have for it

(Zachary Hixson) #19

I got maddeningly little done today =P. Just a bit more progress on the texturing for the stand.

I fired up substance painter to take care of some small details under the horns and wound up screwing around for two hours instead of painting. Gah... So behind!

(Bart) #20

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.