The Sketchfab community will soon reach two important milestones: 10 million members and over 5 million 3D models. We want to celebrate the creativity, diversity, and productivity of our members by commissioning an official 3D model that marks the occasion.
The selected artist will receive $1000 for their finished model.
Call for Proposals
We are accepting proposals for a 3D model or scene that captures the spirit of Sketchfab and its community members. The proposal submitted should effectively describe the proposed concept and style for the model. Here’s what we’re looking for:
General References (detail, feel)
The final 3D model or scene must:
- Be an original work and not include any third-party intellectual property
- Be suitable for all ages
- Look great in Sketchfab
- Great geometry, great materials, great 3D settings
- Use our 3D Editor features (Refraction, SSR, annotations, etc.)
- Be well optimized and suitable for AR
- Under 100k faces total
- Max 10 materials
- Be visually different from recent milestone models
- Ideally include some hidden ‘easter egg’ details for people to discover
Process sharing (optional and encouraged)
In the spirit of Sketchfab’s community, we would like the selected artist to share their work:
- During the course of creation, via a ‘Work in Progress’ thread in the Sketchfab Forum
- After the publication of the work, in the form of an Art Spotlight
How to Submit Your Proposal
- Fill out this form.
Budget & Timeline
- Proposal review begins October 18, 2022
- Winning proposal selected by October 25, 2022
- Sketchfab to be allowed 3 rounds of changes, prior to November 21, 2022
- Final model required by November 25, 2022
- Commission payment to be paid out upon completion: $1000 USD
Rights & Ownership
- Sketchfab will own all rights to the commissioned model.
- Sketchfab will include creator credits in the model description and promotions.