Sketchfab Forum

Captain Spock Sculpt

(Adam Beamish) #1

I have been meaning to do a Leonard Nimoy Spock sculpt for a while now. So with the 50th anniversary of Star Trek I decided to get one started and as close to finish as I can.

I sculpted and painted the Spock model in 123D Sculpt+ making changes all the time. Painting the face helped to refine the shape of the head and to paint details that were not possible to sculpt in.

As there is a polygon limit in 123D Sculpt+ and it takes a bit of fiddling to get hard surface details I also used 123D Design for the rank pin and Starfleet insignia.

I wanted to create as much of model as I could on the iPad before I used Zbrush to piece the model parts together and to generate a clean polygon mesh and a tidy UV map which I could create new texture layers in an art app for the Sketchfab model editor.

In ArtStudio on the iPad I created new texture channel maps which included a bump, roughness and new colour/diffuse textures. Then it was all uploaded to the Sketchfab model editor on the iPad at first and then on finished on a PC to adjust the lighting.

(Lord00120) #2

Great sculpt, very good likeness! :slight_smile:
Live Long and Prosper my friend :wink:

(Rudolf Rednose) #3

Fascinating. Great job.

(Adam Beamish) #4

Thanks for the compliment lord00120! :slight_smile:

(Adam Beamish) #5

Thanks rudolf-rednose! :slight_smile:

(theStoff) #6

Well done! Very nice sculpt. The only thing I'd say is to play with the materials a little more. The hair feels a little grainy and the shirt is pretty shiny :stuck_out_tongue:

(Bart) #7

Hey @earthen,

I'd really love to see you work on one of your sculpts some time. Would you consider setting up a camera and recording a session? I think it would be an amazing demo of the 123D Sculpt+ capabilities, and it might also answer my biggest question: how on earth do you manage to create SO MANY outstanding sculpts? :slight_smile:

What do you think?

(Adam Beamish) #8

That's something I will probably do again Bart. Hopefully I will have some time soon to record a video on a simple original model. I tend to work on about five or six models at one time so I don't get bored and blinded by errors in the one project. It's good to take breaks and come back to work with fresh eyes. So it will be an original creation that I can sculpt and complete in a few hours. :slight_smile: