Cardboard VR viewer changed

(Tallstinkyman) #1

A few weeks ago, the cardboard viewer changed. The old one used to have a white line in the middle to help center the device. The new one also has menu items that remain visible while in the viewer. While those are annoying, the real problem is that it seems to be more laggy. it gives me a headache now. Am I the only one having this issue?

(Rémy Bouquet) #3

Hello, could you give more informations on the browser you use (and what version).

For chrome 58, switching to VR doesn't use Webvr anymore, (the white line that you describe is only there when using webvr) but you can set the flags manually in chrome to use webVR. (chrome://flags look for "webvr" there are 3 flags to activate) you can also activate the "gamepad" flag).
However if you want a real webvr experience, google canary (pre version of chrome) is your best bet. It works a lot faster.
Chrome 59 should get rid of those issues, but I don't know why it's getting long to get upgraded on android.

(Tallstinkyman) #4

I am using chrome 58. And yes enabling webvr put it back the way I liked it. Thankyou