Central Archive of the Nathrezim[COMPLETE]

(Ryan Dao) #1

Going to try and make a scene inspired by the "Library" Illidan hacks to get the location of Argos in the book World of Warcraft: Legion. I'll re-read the chapter and come up with some sketches,

[completed scene]

(Michael Calvert) #2

It's a pretty good title name for a temp one :wink:. I like this idea, looking forward to the sketches.

Looking forward to the sketches too!

(Ryan Dao) #4

Re-read the chapter and took some notes and did a super quick doodle I'll sleep on it and see how I feel about it tomorrow. The scene definitely felt cool in the book but the description is pretty lame.
Here's my notes and quick doodle
-Central Archive of the Nathrezim
-countless towers of obsidian discs stacked like coins
-each disk is a record
-names imprinted on discs
-living memory of the Nethrezim
-knowledge of every port the legion has passed through
-oldest disc on the bottom of each stack
-stacks closest to the center are the oldest
-defensive runes/portals
-illidan threw a blade into center of rune to stop a security gate portal
-illidan and friends fought their way out

(Nomadking) #5

Great start @athielian, and a very original idea :slight_smile:

(Ryan Dao) #6

Heres a couple more sketches for the wall, door, floor center, and obelisk disc.

(Bart) #7

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.

(Ryan Dao) #8

Progress has been slow not really liking my itial idea as it was really cool in the book but the description isnt very cool sounding. Ill still stick with it tough. Also going camping so it'll be to the wire on finishing this in time. Might scale back the scope and make it a bit smaller. Working on wall textures.

(Ryan Dao) #9

Finished a wall texture.

(Ryan Dao) #10

door texture

(Ryan Dao) #11

information disc and rune textures

(Ryan Dao) #12

Here's my final submission