Cheese Please Labs

(Loverose) #1

CHEEZE?!? MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE CHEESE! :grin:

Those pesky humans are at it again - tempting us with their delicious cheese! Well no more of it! I'm tired of being caught in their traps and letting them bully our kind! But I have an idea... A most wonderous idea! I'll work in my secret lab to develop a formula, one that will allow us to create our own cheese! An infinite supply of cheese! Cheese that will grow its own cheese!!! Then we'll never have to go outside, we won't get caught by those menacing humans or ferocious cats any longer! UWAHAHAHAKAKA!
- Dr. Ratkins

Welcome to Cheese Please Labs, where our motto is cheese, and slogan is whenever you please.

Aerial view: Very basic blocking of where I want stuff to go and the scaling of it.
I wanted the shape of the lab to look similar to a round chemistry flask, and when you look at it from above, it looks like a chemical filled flask. The lab is basically hidden in a hole in the wall, and as you go deeper you get to the main area of the lab.

Mad Science Contest 2016: Contest Updates
(Mcsephiroth1313) #2

Very entertaining story--made me smile :smile:
Also love the idea of making the lab a chemistry flask. Can't wait to see the progression of this and how you incorporate the cheese machine!

(Theedstar1) #3

I LOOOOOOVE DR RATKINS!!!!!!! i havnt met him yet but the way he's evil scheme is so deviously clever is intriguing #Dr Ratkins for president

(Bart) #4

More cheese is always a good idea :smile: Welcome on board! Don't forget to subscribe to the contest updates thread to receive a notification when we have news to share.

(Loverose) #5

Update: Been a busy few days; I've been working on the models some more and also trying to not burn myself out hehe. I've also realized that my workflow is probably quite weird (?), since I tend to apply materials and textures to the models before finishing all the models and then texturing (is this the right way to do it?). I wonder what other people's workflow goes hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, below is my progess so far!

A little rough paint over on top of the placeholder models I made in Maya. I wanted to do a bit of planning on what colors I wanted to use, and to help better picture what I want in the scene. (I left out a lot of things on that table tho :sweat: )

Modeled lots of props and some of Mr. Ratkin's tools. :smile: Getting the workstation and tools all ready!

Uploaded to Sketchfab to preview it and make sure there's no problems with the geometry/textures/stuff of the models! You may also notice random floating cheese and tools, since I haven't placed them where they need be yet.
Note: Textures are still rough, just wanted to do basic blocking of colors to help me visualize it and create a mood. :blush:

Still a long way to go, but I can't wait to finish it ^^ I've learned a lot more about 3D modelling now, since I've been doing a lot more of it, so that's a plus too.
Feedback and tips are always appreciated! Ciao~ :smile:

(Loverose) #6

Thanks so much! :smile:

(Loverose) #7

@THEEDSTAR1 Haha thanks! :smile: Be prepared, there's an evil bigger master plan behind his schemes. :smile_cat:

Thanks @bartv ! & subscribed :smile:

(Michał Orzechowski) #8

Looking great! It's something I'm aiming for :wink:

(Bart) #9

Hi,

a quick personal reminder that the Mad Science contest closes next Wednesday (midnight, 23:59 New York time). So whatever you decided to do this weekend - you'd better cancel it and finish your entry :slight_smile:

As always, you can read contest updates here, and if you have any last minute questions feel free to email me at bart@ this website.

Good luck!!