Cinema 4D Plugin Help?

c4d
exporters

(Cepacinstore) #1

Can anyone help me please ?

I am struggling to get the Cinema 4D Plugin installed.

I am on R15 Visualise.. and the plugin is not being recognised, Any suggestions ?

Hi,

There are some known issues with the c4d plugin on some machines. What Operating System / version are you on?

For now, the best thing to do is manually export and upload FBX (+textures)

Thanks!

(Cepacinstore) #4

Morning James,

We are running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.

We tried the FBX export/upload with a little success, the model seemed very unstable and 'jerky' in its rotations. Not really suitable at this this stage to present to customers, I am convinced it is something to do with how we are setting up the model.

Any advice would be greatly received thankyou

Thanks!

The plugin really just exports and uploads FBX for you, so I don't think it will change performance at all. Could you share a link so I can take a look?

(Cepacinstore) #6

In Store 2 by cepacinstore on Sketchfab

This is the model we have been playing with, keeping in mind that we have reduced the scene size and not included any textures on the aisles or back ground.. the VR isn't great.

Maybe it is a hardware issue, or limitations in using web based software I don't know.

Thanks James

The biggest bottleneck is number of unique geometries/meshes (e.g. every single box is a unique mesh). You should merge/join all meshes that share the same material.

There is also a high number of unique materials. This should be reduced if possible.