CoffeeBot - Mr.Bean - (DONE)

(Johnnythekid) #1

Hi guys,

jumping onto the mad-science competition here :smile:
I will keep it small as I don't have much time...but I just couldn't miss this one as it is the perfect opportunity to build something I wanted to create a long time now.

I love coffee (who doesn't :wink: ) and thought it would be cool to have a small robot flying around the office, serving fresh coffee on demand.

Still working on the concept, blocking things out roughly and trying to find the right shapes.

I wanna go for a functional, yet cute design, kind of 50s style

...I think his name will be Mr.Bean haha..

cheers guys

Malte

(Angieteickner) #2

I need that :joy: Nice idea and it already looks so good!

(Johnnythekid) #3

thank you! :smile:

(Bart) #4

Welcome on board! Don't forget to subscribe to the contest updates thread to receive a notification when we have news to share.

(Johnnythekid) #5

hey guys, here is another update...what do you think? :smile:
I'am not sure how to connect the turbines to the body, but I think I like the overall Shape..

Btw, iam Aware that the spigot is located on a funny spot haha. Actually i think it makes the whole thing a Little bit more cute

Mr.Bean Coffeebot (WIP) by Malte Sturm on Sketchfab

(Johnnythekid) #6

Hi guys, here is an update:

let me know what you think! :smile:
cheers!

(Shaderbytes) #7

When I saw this title I was thinking about quite a different "Mr Bean" .. of UK origins hehe

Looking good

(Johnnythekid) #8

thanks. yeah I'am aware of the ambiguity...thought it suits him anyways :smile: maybe even more haha

(Bart) #9

Hi,

a quick personal reminder that the Mad Science contest closes next Wednesday (midnight, 23:59 New York time). So whatever you decided to do this weekend - you'd better cancel it and finish your entry :slight_smile:

As always, you can read contest updates here, and if you have any last minute questions feel free to email me at bart@ this website.

Good luck!!

(Johnnythekid) #10

hey @bartv, thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:
here is a big update...
some materials don't show up correctly yet and i did not decide yet for the final colors but Iam getting closer to the animation phase :slight_smile:
what do you guys think?

EDIT: fixed the bug

Mr Bean Coffeebot WIP by Malte Sturm on Sketchfab

(Johnnythekid) #11

aaand another update. finished rigging and did a quick animation test.
texture is not 100% done yet too...
so much fun on this little guy :smiley:

Coffeebot animation test WIP by Malte Sturm on Sketchfab

(Lord00120) #12

This looks very cute, kinda like something out of the movie "Robots" actually! I liked the light brown colors more though :wink:

(Johnnythekid) #13

thanks :slight_smile: oh, never watched that movie...maybe I should!
yea, I didn't decide about the final colors yet! brown matches his function (making coffee) better right?!^^

(Edvin Borkovskij) #14

He reminds me of BMO from adventure time. So cute! :smiley:

(Johnnythekid) #15

Well. here is my final submission! Animation is very very rough unfortunately as I run out of time...and Substance Painter corrupted my file during the last minutes..god damnit it. haha
anyways, it was a lot of fun!! Good luck everyone! :slight_smile:

Mr. Bean - The Coffeebot by Malte Sturm on Sketchfab

(Dark Minaz) #16

haha this is great. Love how he just flies around and then "pees" into a cup with that smile on his face.