Collision: Nature & Civilization

We’re working on confirming the winners and will announce them as soon as everything is confirmed. Hopefully this week, but we’ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

something delayed the results of the competition

1 Like

We’re now in the final stage of validating the winners and hope to be able to present them next week :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Winners

The results are in! The caliber of work submitted for this challenge was fantastic and our judges had their work cut out for them. Here are the winning entries:

1st Place: Baker and the Bridge by ConradJustin

Prizes:

• ConceptD 5 Notebook featuring an NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Laptop GPU (Core i7 11800H / NVIDIA RTX 3060 / 16GB RAM / 1T SSD / Windows 10 Pro OS)
  • A cash prize of US $300.00
  • A framed art print of the winning entry
  • 12 months of Sketchfab Pro

Judges’ notes:

“I love the details and design of this piece. Especially the sculptural forms of the roots and roof, which contrast beautifully with the mechanical elements.” - Olena

“This is such a complete scene for me—from the concept and overall 3D composition to the modeling, texturing and attention to detail. The hopeful feeling of the scene—nature and civilization in harmony—is a great take on the challenge theme, nature and civilization colliding in a positive way. A very deserving winner!” - Tom

“I love the atmosphere in this scene—I can almost feel the warm summer breeze, and the longing for a time long lost. The attention to detail and the hand painted textures are amazing, and the story that is told through the annotations adds a nice layer to the scene as well. For me, all the elements ‘clicked’ in this work!” - Bart

2nd Place: Survivor and Savior by aidinsalsabili

Prizes:

• NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3090 Graphics Card
  • A cash prize of US $200.00
  • 6 months of Sketchfab Pro

Judges’ notes:

“Aidin has achieved an incredible sense of scale and detail on such a low polygon budget. This work definitely triggered some emotions with me—the sadness about the current state of the world, but also the loneliness of the artist who kept on working despite everything that happened. All in all awesome work, great story, and excellent use of the Sketchfab viewer.” - Bart

“Great storytelling using the annotations. The artist working at the end of the world made me laugh — spot-on!” - Olena

“The somber and peaceful mood of this entry is fantastic. The artist’s skill—the contrast between natural lines and living colour of the whale and the harsh edges of the desaturated buildings—is really polished by their use of the Sketchfab viewer.” - Tom

3rd Place: The Carrier by Máté Varga

Prizes:

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3080 Graphics Card
  • A cash prize of US $100.00
  • 3 months of Sketchfab Pro

Judges’ notes:

“My personal favorite! The sense of endless struggle and perseverance is powerful and the concept of nature as the carrier of civilization is perfect. I love the looping animation, the realistic cloth movement, and the clever use of dithered opacity for the sand blowing in the wind. Coupled with the bold yet simple background, this entry ticks so many boxes for me—great work!” - Tom

“I think Máté nailed the topic of this challenge by showing the burden we’re putting on nature. I enjoyed exploring the scene and following the narrative. Use of the Sketchfab viewer is excellent—its performance really surprised me, given the amount of animation and complexity. Also, as a minor detail, I love how Máté used the dithered opacity to achieve a particle-like effect on the sand :ok_hand:” - Bart

“Unique concept and excellent work on the modeling and animation.” - Olena

5 Likes

Big Congrats to the Winners, well deserved indeed!
And well done to all the participating Artists

4 Likes