Colours, layers, rendering HELP

3d

(Ben Burr) #1

Hi,
I'm importing 3D drawings from AutoCAD in an FBX format. I've done this on previous projects and components in different colours/layers are exported to sketchfab and show in their colours/layers in sketchfab.
For some reason the project I am working on will only upload in greyscale,
I don't know what I am doing differently or how I can show the renderings in sketchfab.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Can you please send me a link to the model?

Thanks!

(Ben Burr) #3

Hi James,
I seem to of resolved the issue. It seems to be that for an autoCAD 3D rendering I am better off exporting as an iges file rather than as an FBX file.
This seems to work if I'm just using standard colours/layers on my image. However, something else has come up that you might be able to help me with. What is the best format for me to use when exporting a rendered image from AutoCAD? Sketchfab doesn't seem to be very happy with renderings of glass. For example: I am just completing an image for a staircase that is rendered in oak and glass. How would I best upload this to sketchfab?
Kind regards
Ben

Hi Ben,

If unique materials are preserved correctly after upload, you could use 3D Settings to edit the glass. Could you send me a link?