Crash Site of the Skyfire

(Phaedrus) #1

Working on a diorama of the crash site of the Skyfire, modeling my own version of the alliance gunship. It sank in the cinematic but I loved the idea of being able to find the parts in game, I plan to add an infernal to the site as well.

The story behind the crash site, takes place soon after the battle at the Broken shore, the remains of the alliance gunship are guarded by an infernal making sure no survivors managed to hide and that no loot is left unchecked, in case the Alliance or Horde attempt to retrieve a valuable weapon that was stored away in the gunship.

(Phaedrus) #2

Some early versions of the work, still working on some assets to fill the scene.

(Michael Calvert) #3

Great concept!

Awesome! Can't wait to see the progress on this!

(jason) #5

woowww this is gunna be good =D cant wait to see it!!

(Electrocactus) #6

only 2nd day and already look awesome!

(Phaedrus) #7

Thank you :slight_smile: I will be adding another update today

(Phaedrus) #9

Finished another update, worked on an infernal in Zbrush and added it to the scene, its quite high poly so I am considering working on redcuing the poly count of some of the models in the scene over the next few days. I also added some more features to the Skyfire, some crates into the water and a torn alliance flag.

(Phaedrus) #10

Here is the sculpt of the Infernal front and side view.

(Nomadking) #11

This looks great so far @phaedrus!

(Dissertation Reviews) #12

We can see some incredible and very creative works over here. I am fortunate be a part of this creative world.

(Simon Kratz) #13

This topic is one of my favourites so far :slight_smile:
Looking forward to seeing more, keep it up!

(François Leroy) #14

the cinematic continue with this diorama, i like it ! it's a good idea :slight_smile:

(Phaedrus) #15

Thank you everyone :slight_smile: really enjoying this project a lot, been busy over last few days but finally got round to texturing the Infernal, added it to sketchfab as well - https://sketchfab.com/models/65c1a0f8dd244cc787a66fd19fa3051f

Wow, love the texturing! Keep it up!

(Paulchambers3d) #17

Really nice work. Did you do any concept sketches or jump right into blocking?

(Phaedrus) #18

I did some rough hand drawings, still need to scan them in :slight_smile:

(Bart) #19

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.

(Phaedrus) #20

Hey everyone, haven't post anything in a while, had some internet issues for a bit but they are fixed. During my time offline I finished texturing my scene and have uploaded the final to Sketchfab, here is an image of the scene below and a link to the scene on Sketchfab. - https://skfb.ly/RSWR (might take a moment to load the normal maps :P)

(Michael Calvert) #21

Nice work!