Crystalline Transformation (UV problem?)

(Nephthys) #1

Importing a model here to Sketchfab seems like it is an arcane alchemical process. I never know what I'm going to end up with. Is this in part my utter beginner status, or is this some inner magic with sketchfab? Or perhaps a combination of both?

I uploaded the new sword model I am working on, and discovered my metallic sword has turned into glass! Or some form of crystal...

Is this a UV problem? Particularly that odd bit on the quillons that doesn't match the rest?

(Waleguene) #2

Hi @nephthys,

Thanks for reporting. It appears that you use PBR material inside Blender and these are not yet supported on Sketchfab.
There is also an issue with UVs (probably a consequence of the unsupported PBR materials).

I opened two tickets to update our Blender processing and also to fix this UV issues.

I will keep you in touch when it's live.

In the mean time, you should be able to get the right result by exporting into an FBX file and uploading it to Sketchfab.

(Nephthys) #3

Ooh, right, I did just update blender to the newest version. I didn't think about that at all. Thanks for the reply. I will see what happens when I try exporting, hopefully that will preserve the engravings at least.

Thanks!!