Daz3d animated morph export issue

animation
3d
upload

(Keithg) #1

I've exported an .fbx from DAZ 3D with animated morphs but Sketchfab seems to be dropping them:

tangents :
Geometry 'EvP1_springL_2890__spread_3' tangents have been dropped
Geometry '0' tangents have been dropped
Geometry 'EvP1_springL_2890__thin_2' tangents have been dropped
Geometry 'EvP1_springL_2890__flex_4' tangents have been dropped
Geometry '0' all morph tangents have been dropped
Geometry 'EvP1_springL_2890__narrow_1' tangents have been dropped
Geometry 'EvP1_springL_2890__raise_0' tangents have been dropped

Any experts out there who can help. Thanks

(Keithg) #2

Sorry, I think it's this that is the problem.

animation :
Channel 'rotate' with target 'EvP1_spring_970.Shape_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.
Channel 'translate' with target 'RootNode_2 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.
Channel 'scale' with target 'RootNode_2 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.
Channel 'rotate' with target 'RootNode_2 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.
Channel 'translate' with target 'EvP1_spring_970.Shape_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.
Channel 'scale' with target 'EvP1_spring_970.Shape_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.

I've tried every export option available but still can't get animation to work

(Mrchlblng) #3

@keithg could you link to the model having the issue?
I also took the liberty to update your post title to make it more accurate.

The logs you pasted mention that we found some animation channels did not contain animation data different from the "stacked transform" so to optimize this, we removed the unnecessary data to make the model more lightweight.
We currently take the "correct" position for rigged geoemtries but do not blend targets for morph geometries. Anyway, it would still result in a static geometry.

I understand that you're expecting to have an animated geometry. I'm not familiar with Daz3d; my only assumption would be that you may not have selected the keyframes you want to export.

(Keithg) #4

Thanks for reply.

I’ve uploaded many animations from DAZ so I know what settings to use. Movement is fine it’s just the morph settings that don’t work.

I bought the morphable spring on the DAZ 3D store and it animates fine in DAZ just not when I upload to Sketchfab. I think it is a fault in DAZ because when I animate the spring in Carrara (which can use DAZ props) it works fine.

DAZ upload (not working): https://skfb.ly/UHoV

Carrara upload (working): https://skfb.ly/UHpu

Any info you can provide would be great and I’ll pass it on to DAZ.