December 18: 'Monster'

This week’s theme for 3December 2020 is Characters and today’s prompt is ‘Monster’.

Tag your entry with ##3December2020-Monster and #3December2020, and post it below. Use the #3December2020 hashtag if you want to share your entries on social media.

If you complete the 21 entries and submit them in a collection by January 4, you will be entered into the challenge prize draw. You’ll have a chance to win a framed art print of your work, 6 months of Sketchfab Plus and a $50 Amazon voucher.

Read the rules for Sketchfab 3December 2020 here

1 Like

#3December2020-Monster
#3December2020

DAY18: MONSTER

3 Likes

Day 18

2 Likes

##3December2020-Monster #3December2020

I’m a bit sad because I couldn’t get the mirror modifier and shape key to work together, so I had to upload without the shape key. But I learned a lot!! This is only my second mouth rig and first time trying shape keys, actually :slight_smile:

1 Like

My day 18 entry: Monster.

2 Likes
                      3December2020 №18 - Monster in box

2 Likes

I have done this little monster for the #18 Day!

I wanted to model a cute version of my favorite Universal Monster, Gill-man from Creature from the Black Lagoon for today’s Monster prompt!

I wanted to invoke a great literary scene, the singular moment in which Frankenstein’s monster was brought to life. To be honest though, what I’ve created just isn’t as immediately recognisable as I would have hoped, which is a bit disappointing.

Good thing it took extra long to complete this one :upside_down_face:

My submission for today :slightly_smiling_face:

I liked a lot the concept i found on pinterest, so i tried to somewhat translate it to 3D.
Mixed some stuff i learned on the recent days.

1 Like

1 Like

Keyshot was glitching, so this finished rendering later than I planned. If you’ve ever watched “Grimm,” you know what this is!
#3December2020-Monster #3December2020

1 Like

Made a very crude eye with legs.

For this one, I decided on The Monster Book of Monsters. Do I get double points for that? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Raymond will be watching over the pool after dark. Do not go in the pool after dark.

an old monster… that has plagued the minds of everybody at one time or another

1 Like

DAY 18: Monster