Demon Hunter Murloc [COMPLETE]

(Robin Dao) #1

I will create a Demon Hunter Murloc. He has answered the call to fight the Burning Legion.

Updates coming soon.

UPDATE 8/21/16 Scene is completed

Okay, my submission is complete!

The story is NurkNak, a Demon Hunter Murloc is going to confront the Burning Legion's latest invasion Azeroth. He stumbles upon a Murloc Village under attack of an infernal. In the background you can see the Tomb of Sargeras, which is the burning legions entrance to Azeroth.

Personally I wanted to a create a scene which is more about atmosphere and having a grand vista view. I also made sure this would look cool in VR.

Below are my texture and sculpts used to create the scene.

Sculpts

Textures

Models

Maya scene
The background islands, clouds, and tomb were just planes. You can see the fog plane layered over everything to give a sense of depth.

(Michael Calvert) #2

Sounds sweet. Keep in mind you need to create an environment around the character with annotations to tell a story.

Very interested in seeing where this goes!

(jason) #4

YESS demon hunter murloc!! Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!!

(Bart) #5

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.

(Robin Dao) #6

Late to start, but I completed the sculpt for the character, next sculpts incoming are the environment pieces. These will be a legion themed murloc hut, with demon hunter / illidari themes, and demon hunter weaponry.

(Robin Dao) #7

Quick update. Some sculpts to assist with tiling textures of the environment I am envisioning.

It will be a wrecked murloc village. Wrecked from infernals falling from the burning legion's invasion.

(Robin Dao) #8

Quick Update

Sculpt for the demon hunter blades. Supposed to be a fish creature type of skull in the center

(Robin Dao) #9

A quick infernal sculpt, he will be more of a background piece

(Robin Dao) #10

Okay, my submission is complete!

The story is NurkNak, a Demon Hunter Murloc is going to confront the Burning Legion's latest invasion Azeroth. He stumbles upon a Murloc Village under attack of an infernal. In the background you can see the Tomb of Sargeras, which is the burning legions entrance to Azeroth.

Personally I wanted to a create a scene which is more about atmosphere and having a grand vista view. I also made sure this would look cool in VR.

Below are my texture and sculpts used to create the scene.

Sculpts

Textures

Shots within sketchfab.

(Robin Dao) #11

I wanted to post more images of the individuals models, wireframes etc. Currently at work but I'll have those in the thread before deadline.

(Robin Dao) #12

Alright added some breakdown images of the models

Models

Maya scene
The background islands, clouds, and tomb were just planes. You can see the fog plane layered over everything to give a sense of depth.