Diorama Tutorials?

(Heluizio) #1

Hello guys, I looking for tutorials for the amazing Dioramas that you guys show here.

I have a little experience with modeling and some know stuff about texture maps.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post, please lemme know if I’m wrong here.

Thank you !

(Paulchambers3d) #2

Do you have some examples of models on Sketchfab that have caught your eye?

(Heluizio) #3

Yes, actually there are many, i’ll post the one that I think that is kinda close to what I can achiev at the moment.

btw, thank you for your reply ! :slight_smile:

(Paulchambers3d) #4

One tip I would give you to get you started is to use a “Modular Modeling” methodology to start these types of scenes:

Rather than build a house, build the modular parts - door, windows, crossbeams, roof sections, walls.

This way you can then re-use these components to make additional accompanying houses, sheds, barns, etc.

The best way is to start building a single building, and then step back from your modeling and look for ways to re-use parts, and/or separate parts into pieces that can be re-used. Almost all 3D software applications allow you to duplicate objects into “instances” (or similar names) that are data-tied copies to your original. Edit one, and all are edited. This way if you make a change to a window, all window copies are updated.

You can probably find some good tips to get you started from our friends at Polycount:

http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/Modular_environments

(Heluizio) #5

Thank you for your response ! I’ll check that out ! :smiley: