Sketchfab Forum

[DONE] Deep water walk

(J Bergenstrahle) #1

Hey!

Ok, I stumbled upon some voxel art by accident, saw this context and fell in love. You guys are making some crazy stuff :smile: So I started making my own scene, and being totally new to this voxel stuff my workflow was prob more or less stupid lol. The beauty with voxel stuff is creating something within a really restrictive environment, making complex stuff from a few building blocks, this turned out to be really hard haha !! I felt very limited working with the 126x126x126 space of magicavoxel (really cool program btw). So I made a bunch of individual pieces like this:

and then put them together in 3ds max :smile: to create the scene.

Under Water Walk Voxel Scene by j_bergenstrahle on Sketchfab

I wanted to create a scene with the feeling of lonelyness/emptiness/solitude, so I didn't want to use any color and just keeping everything in the same material. I think the thing turned out not to be "voxel-art-ish", but thought that just for the fun of it, I might put it in the contest anyway. This voxel thing have nevertheless given me some ideas that I will explore further :wink:

I didn't post the WIP until very late as I didn't know if I would have time to finish it, but here it is, I think this will be more or less the final version.

(Bart) #2

Very nice! Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board!

I know that you're already done, but I'll give you the default welcome anyway :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Elbriga) #3

I think it's too bad there are so many voxels in your scene, it's almost like a regular sculpt :stuck_out_tongue: that being said, the scene is still amazing, I love the mood :smile:

(J Bergenstrahle) #4

Thanks for the criticism @elbriga I think you have a valid point and I have been thinking along those lines myself. For my next voxel scene I will force myself to work within the 126x126x126 in magicavoxel for the whole piece :smile:

love your work btw