(Done) Epic Voxel Battle

(Jason Ivens) #1

Hi everyone,

I have done a couple contests with Sketchfab, each one has been a lot of fun seeing what all of the other talented artists are capable of coming up with. Unfortunately due to things that have happened in my life I have never had as much time as I feel as I have needed to finish my entries.
Anyway I will give this contest a go as I gave always been a bit curies about voxel and this is a excellent opportunity to give it a go :smile:
Here is my first WIP model for the contest:

WIP Voxel Warrior by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #2

WIP Voxel Warrior V2 by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #3

My second character for my scene, its starting to flow better now :smile:

Chr Archer by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

Same as before, feed back is more then welcome :smile:

(Jason Ivens) #4

WIP Voxel Wizard by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

I am not sure about this one any advice will be greatly appreciated :smile:

(Jason Ivens) #5

WIP Voxel Skeleton by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #6

Voxel Tree by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #7

Hi everyone,

I wanted to show you all my first scene test for the contest, its important to mention that its just a test and there is still a lot of work to be done before my final submission. I hope you like it and all feedback is welcome :smile:

WIP Voxel Scene Test by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

The statistics for the scene are staggering and its by far the largest file I have worked on.

(Moar) #8

Hi Jason_ivens

I like the scenario so far .. remembers me to my old D&D Times :smile:

The Warrior looks strong .. maybe you can set his strengh in scene (like he hit one of the cool dualwield skeletons and some bones fly arround ) same for the Wizard (i dont know but for me he looks more like a Warlock :D) Maybe raise his arms and let him channel some spells .. just some first impression ideas

But my favourite is the minimoon

GJ and have a nice day

(Jason Ivens) #9

That's great feedback and differently some advice that I can try out :smile:
I have so many ideas to improve it and its always great when others can see what I'm trying to do and offer suggestions on how to improve what I have.
Thank you :smile:

(Jason Ivens) #10

I have a couple MagicaVoxel questions to anyone that may know the answers.
Firstly all my characters I built with their arms straight down be thier sides. Is there anyway of selecting the cubes that make up the lower arm and moving or rotating just them.
Second all my models have been made as seperate files so I can bring them together in 3ds Max later to create my scene. Is there any way of bring them together in MagicaVoxel as I would love to have some of them with direct contact that I will only get from making them one model.

(EvgeniyM) #11

Hi!
1) AFAIK, there is no way to do that. But you can do something similar in Qubicle(Home or Master editions)
2) It depends upon your models' matrix size. One option is to create 126x126x126 matrix and add your models as patterns, another is to use Qubicle's "multi-matrices management"
Ask if you need more detailed answers =)

(Jason Ivens) #12

Thank you @evgenijm the pattern brush was exactly what I was looking for :smile:

(Bart) #13

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

Here's some useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Jason Ivens) #14

Another addition to share :smile:

WIP Voxel Tower by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

please let me know what you think.

(Jason Ivens) #15

This is a more detailed version of the same tower, which one do you guys like more?

WIP Voxel Tower V2 by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

(Kyan0s) #16

Personally I prefer the more detailed version ^^)

(Jason Ivens) #17

Thanks for the feedback @kyan0s, there is a lot more faces in that version but I think its worth it :smile:

(Jason Ivens) #18

Here is another scene test, feedback is always welcome :smile:

WIP Voxel Scene Test 2 by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #19

Hey guys,
I have gone back to remodeling my characters to make them have more life and make for better props in my final scene. if you have any feed back I'd love to hear it :smile:
Starting with my archer.

Voxel Archer V2 by jason_ivens on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #20

My wizard has changed into a leech :smile:

WIP Voxel Leech by jason_ivens on Sketchfab