[DONE] Princess Akacia- defender of the cube

magicavoxel
voxel
contest

(Pinktofu) #1

I know this is a super late entry, been caught up in work and other stuff but still really wanted to enter this competition so I hope I can at least make something small in this time that is left. :smile:

(Bart) #2

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Pinktofu) #3

My idea is that it's something pretty in the middle, something that need to be protected, like a shrine or something. And that there's ominous things in the water trying to get it. just experimenting with the ground and the water atm.

(Pinktofu) #4

Decided to focus more on the piece in the middle, it became so small otherwise. this is in magicavoxel.

(Pinktofu) #5

Did a test upload of the model and tried to get the water to be transparent, does anyone know how to do this? I looked at elbrigas tutorial "Publishing Voxel Designs from MagicaVoxel to Sketchfab" and tried to do the same for transparancy as he did for emission-just copy the texture.png and color everything you don't want to be emissive into black. When I tried to do the same for transparancy the whole model turns transparent instead....

(Smokefumus) #6

Hmm. Try separating water into stand-alone model and tuning transparency from there.

(Pinktofu) #7

thanks for your answer. If i make them separately how would i then combine the two in sketchfab? sorry i'm new to this.

(Smokefumus) #8

Well you need to export them separately, then make two materials and compose the scene back into single entity in 3d software like blender (but not unite them), then you can upload it to sketchfab and set second material's transparency (which is water) to something like 20

(Pinktofu) #9

it worked ! thanks a lot! :smile:

(Pinktofu) #10

Getting there.

(Dune Holy) #11

Gradient colors on isle are awesome!

(Pinktofu) #12

Thanks @DuneHoly! and I'm finally done with the final entry! :smile:

Princess Akacia- defender of the cube by pinktofu on Sketchfab

(YadNi Monde) #13

Wow that was fast, nice job!

(Pinktofu) #14

thank you ! :smile:

(Elbriga) #15

Ohhh this is beautiful! Those fireflies... I love the overall lighting! Great job!

(Pinktofu) #16

thank's a lot! @elbriga :smile:

(Lrtvri) #17

lovely, great lighting!

(Pinktofu) #18

thanks @lrtvri ! :smile: