[DONE] Rick's thread for all his Heroic Voxels!

(Rickprokosch) #1

First off, I really like this forum editor.

MagicaVoxel is my software of choice right now. Might play around with finishing stuff off in blender if I can learn it enough in time to add something to my work.

Contests are a great reason to play around with art. I have a few ideas in my head, not sure how many will make it to the entry stage but it's fun finding out which ones will actually take shape. I love @elbriga 's dragon castle example and thought it would be cool to start with a massive monster type scene. I'm building all the components of the scene right now and will arrange them later.

In the coloring/cleanibng stages, not done. I tried to build and sculpt this one instead of construct it one by one.

This is the little ship my monster might be seen with :smile:

(Hakbit) #2

Go go dragon :D.

(Rickprokosch) #3

Finished the scene, not sure if I'll enter it because I'm not super please with it. Learned some stuff about sculpting in MV though, that was cool.

This was during a render of a few images I was making.

(Jason Ivens) #4

Looks cool, you should post it to Sketchfab as a WIP and you can always make changes before the contest ends 😄

(Kyan0s) #5

A really great scene !! I like it !

(Bart) #6

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Rickprokosch) #7

This is the model so far. I think I'll just leave it like this and move onto another idea. I'll see what I want to enter into the contest as I flesh out some more ideas.

It was fun playing with the lighting in SketchHub, I could really add more of the feel I was looking for.

(Rickprokosch) #8

Trying to make a giant for my next scene. Can't get it right... the bottom guy is the latest attempt. Maybe 3rd time is the charm.

(Rickprokosch) #9

Finally settled on a giant. He's going to be friendly.

(Rickprokosch) #10

I'm going with something different. Instead of good vs evil or monsters, how about a friendly giant who lives in harmony with some hilltop people? I still want to add some more smaller details and make it more sketchfab viewer friendly (more stuff to look at when you are rotating it).

(Kyan0s) #11

Excellent ! I like it !

(Ab Red) #12

is it 126x3 scene size?
by the way it looks great :grinning:

(Rickprokosch) #13

@kyan0s thank you!

@AB_red Yes, that's the full 126^3 space from MagicaVoxel. Thanks for the compliment.

(Nomadking) #14

The helpful giant is awesome :smile:

(Ab Red) #15

@rickprokosch also your previous scene looks epic, if i were you i'll put everything as a final entries..
well good luck :blush:

(Rickprokosch) #16

@nomadking thanks, I'm really happy with how he turned out.

@AB_red Thanks for the input, I might as well enter both, you are right.

(Rickprokosch) #17

This is my first entry:

Water Monster by rickprokosch on Sketchfab

Think this is my second and final entry into the contest. I'm pretty happy with this one, lots of work and lots of fun.

Friendly Giant by rickprokosch on Sketchfab

(Sardacxis) #18

Awesome detail and lots of different layers. Well done

(Elbriga) #19

Both entries are really great, congrats! The 2nd is my favorite thought :smile: Very poetic!

(Rickprokosch) #20

@Sardacxis and @elbriga thanks, guys! I also like my second entry the best.