Sketchfab Forum

(DONE) The Guardians

magicavoxel
wip
voxel
contest

(Ab Red) #1

Hi all, this is my first experience working on "voxel" modeling, but i do like voxel style.
my name is AB and i am wworking on a small indie game developer as environment design, the reason why i joining this competition is because i love fantasy or heroic theme, and i also love the voxel modeling or style, so i decided to give it a try.. well this is my first shoot on my imaginary or concept modeling.
BTW this is my first time working on Qubicle, so it kinda noobish :stuck_out_tongue:

(Ab Red) #2

oh hi agaiin.. this is a second shoot and i decided to re-create my project again!! and ended up with the unfinished Mr. pink skeleton king :stuck_out_tongue: with his sword of course :smile:

(Jason Ivens) #3

Nice work on your skeleton King 😄 After seeing yours I think I made mine too chunky 😃

(Ab Red) #4

thanks mate :smile: i've seen yours, and got inspiration for my next steps, nice work by the way, your warrior looks like connan. keep it up then :smile:

(Ab Red) #5

there is some update on my WIPs, it has the unfinished warrior now :blush:

(Ab Red) #6

Wow! now i had to begin everything from scratch again, cause the basic version of qubicle can't export every single format option.. i wish i figure it out first, before making a project on it :disappointed_relieved:
but here's my last shoot on Qubicle, before changing to MagicaVoxel and starting over again :pensive:

(Jason Ivens) #7

Looks cool, it's a pity you can't export on lower versions. But at least there is MagicaVoxel :smile:

(Ab Red) #8

well.. it's a new tools for me, it means i have to figure out the tools, the system, and stuff..
but i still gonna using the same voxel style like i do before..
meanwhile since the theme of this contest is fantasy heroic, so i can't just give up :grin:

(Bart) #9

Hi @AB_red!

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Ab Red) #10

Awesome!! thanks bartv :grin:

(Ab Red) #11

have been enjoying MagicaVoxel now.. it turns out really well, and i came up with a new ideas every time..
here are the ancient sword that i'm working on right now

C&C are really welcome :grin:

(Ab Red) #12

hi everyone.. i just finished polishing the ancient sword!! and i consider that as a special model cause i made it on my birthday! :smiley:

Ancient Sword by ab_red on Sketchfab

(Jason Ivens) #13

Model look cool and happy birthday 😄🎂

(Ab Red) #14

@jason_ivens thanks mate :blush:

(Ab Red) #15

this is awesome, anyone must be working very hard on everything to make their scene looks epic, but hey!
i didn't want to be so serious here, so.. what kind of song did you guys listen while working on this competition? :smile:

(Ab Red) #16

i finally working on blue guardian, which is still WIP, i took a reference from Dota2 character "Shadow Fiend" to make the guardian looks like a soul guardian or something :grin:

(Jason Ivens) #17

love it :smile:

(Ab Red) #18

OK.. some update on the blue guardian, so im adding some color effect to it.. well not much change, cause im working on my "never ending" school stuff, so i will need more free time on the weekend.. BTW it still WIP
:blush:

(Discoursive) #19

Damn, that water effect is looking great! Did you do that manually?

(Ab Red) #20

@discoursive yea.. it looks really terrible before, needs a lot of time to figure out how to make it cool and convincing, but ended up using reference from Dota2 character to make this blue thingy :smile: