[DONE] The Lost Book

(Theteaguns) #1

Heeeey, got into voxel modelling a few months ago and found this contest and figured I'd give it a go. Mostly been doing tanks and vehicles, so this is a very new style and theme for me. After spending a few hours yesterday starting, stopping, and scrapping three different ideas, I've finally settled on something I like.

Very WIP Tower:

Plan is to do a sort of overgrown castle in the sky.Will see where it takes me

(Nomadking) #2

Really cute. I think it'll look great when you add some plant life :smile:

(Bart) #3

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Theteaguns) #4

Quick update, still no name for this project yet. Hopefully that will come soonish. Currently have a base house and tower, need to do some more detail and the rest of the scene.

(Bart) #5

Very nice! Have you tried uploading it to Sketchfab yet? I'd love to see an embed here :wink:

(Jacky Bossey) #6

It's gorgeous.
I love how detailed this is.

What soft do you use? Are you gonna merge all your assets in an other soft like blender?

(Theteaguns) #7

@bartv Thanks! I have but need to mess around with doing it right, still a total newbie at all this. Will mess around with getting it right once I have more of the house model done :smile:

@JackyBossey :smiley: Modelling in MagicaVoxel and assembling the pieces in Blender. Never used Blender until today so most of my time has been spent learning that.

(Jacky Bossey) #8

Nice. Keep going it's really amazing.
Probable the best so far. (Until I post mine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

(EgoAnt) #9

Love it! Great detail and lots of character.

(Theteaguns) #10

I've been crazy busy and haven't really had time to work on this as much as I would have liked, but heres where the project currently stands.

(Elbriga) #11

@theteaguns I love this! I hope you can find time to work on it, it's really worth it I think :smile:

(Theteaguns) #12

@elbriga Thanks, glad ya like it! I hope I have time to finish it too.

(Theteaguns) #13

Little WIP shot of the airship my adventurers will be using to reach the floating castle. Going for a cobbled together sorta look.

(Nomadking) #14

The airship looks amazing - the netting across the top is a brilliant touch!

(Theteaguns) #15

Finished the airship! Still have to do the island, my adventurers and some other small details.

EDIT: Going to try and get a WIP SketchFab upload of the entire model later today.

(Theteaguns) #16

Here's where my entry currently stands, really hoping to get enough time to finish it by Wednesday.

(Nomadking) #17

The story book is a great touch. Hope you get to finish it!

(Theteaguns) #18

Have, for now, finished my entry! Decided to call it The Lost Book, feel free to read the annotations to get the short backstory on it.

I had some trouble getting the lighting on Sketchfab to get quite how I wanted, so I may revisit before the contest ends and play with it some more.

The Lost Book by TheTeaGuns on Sketchfab

(YadNi Monde) #19

That s nice =)

(Pinktofu) #20

really like it, such a cool idea! and I love the details on it :smile: