[Done] The Stupid Son and the War - [DONE] The Hydra Protector

voxel
blender

(Ediediedi) #1

ok, this is my entry for the heroicvoxel contest. and this is my first time using this style, voxel. and i really love it.

and for this contest i will make a diorama that tell about a protector that protect his hydra. his hydra is attacked by three person, and they are really strong. but the protector have to protect the hydra. it is the last hydra that time.

i think it is not usual if i took this point of view. because the viewpoint that usually used is the heroes that attack a monster, or something. but this time i will try using the other viewpoint.

(Ediediedi) #2

and this is the hydra looks.

but i have a question. is it ok if i use that material texture? there are some gradient color that represent the lighting effect

"hydra" from the protector by ediediedi on Sketchfab

And this is one of the attacker. He is a knight. A dragon slayer. I don't know dragon slayer is a subclass or a main class. Is the armor looks like a dragon? I'm using an rpg game as the reference

(Ab Red) #3

what a great start, can't wait to see the final entries :smiley:

(Bart) #4

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Rickprokosch) #5

That scene really jumps out, great job. I can't wait to see the final version.

(Ediediedi) #6

This is not a start. Hhaha.. I have tried two times before i start this scene. Maybe it because i'm an organic 3d modeller.

(Ediediedi) #7

Thanks rick.. 😀
This is my first voxel because of this contest. Voxel is cool. And i will do my best..😄

(Elbriga) #8

I really love this scene @ediediedi ! Did you paint the gradient yourself or is it baked? it looks really awesome!
Can't wait to see it evolve!

(Ediediedi) #9

Hi elgibra..
About the gradient, i baked all of the grandient in blender. Using cycles render and i can easily make the gradient. I'm using 2 texture. Color and the alpha channel. And using the location mapping for the projection.

(Ediediedi) #10

and this is the protector. hha.. :smile:
and when i finished this character it looks like hiccup's mother. valka. the mask, staff, i think it is because of my reference.

i think his proportion is better than the knight. and do you see that? the knight have 2 types of block. he have the big block and the half of the big block. it is not consistent. so i will remake the knight.

(Elbriga) #11

Reminds me of predator ;D nice progress :smile:

(Ediediedi) #12

Another update. Just finished the basic shape for the environment and the other characters. A ninja and mage.
The next is make the environtment into voxel. The most challenging part. Hhaha :)grin:

(Hakbit) #13

That was kickass Hydra !!!. About the gradient. Can I see the node ? I would love to know how to gradient too :D.

(Ediediedi) #14

@brok Yes.. This node is simple actually. Just using some texture and using location as the texture coordinate.

(Ediediedi) #15

Test..test..
Just finished the material for the environment. And it only using 1 material, with dozens of node for the environment.. Hha
I tried to render and make some composition node..
I really really love colors.. :blush:

(Nomadking) #16

The lava looks great!

(Ab Red) #17

true!! the colors are so good!!

(Ediediedi) #18

Ok.. I'm done. Finally done.
I was fun while making these models. Making pixel art in 3 dimensions. I like voxel. And MagicaVoxel is a cool software.
As the summary for this diorama, this scene is about a party while fighting the hydra, the boss. But the it have a protector, a sorcerer. That have be with the hydra for along time. It was a fierce fight. None of them look weak. They all are really strong.
And this is a game life. Not a game that you can play on playstation. And the problem is the hydra. It will not spawn again if it dies. It's kind of bug.

The Hydra Protector by ediediedi on Sketchfab

The most challenging part is when i make the material and bake the texture. The environment material is the most difficult part. I have to make one material for the whole environment. But, it's okay. A new experience. And i hope i can do better for the next project.

(Rickprokosch) #19

Very nice work on this one.

(Ediediedi) #20

Thanks.. @rickprokosch
Hey rick, do you think my model more looks like lego than voxel? My friends said that my model is a lego.