Sketchfab Forum

🐲 Dr. Raptor's Project "Road to the Asteroid" [Done]

blender

(Alex) #1

Hello, I'm planning to tell some story using my old Dr. Raptor character together with new mad equipment, if it will be some time to relax from real science :wink: . Here are some pictures

I also uploaded a test version using Blender

Dr. Raptor's Mad Science WIP by ayvlasov on Sketchfab

Yet there is some problem here. Rigging is not precisely the same in Blender and Sketchfab, e.g. there is some kink on the tail. If to use export via obj, the problem is fixed,

but in such a case any ideas with animation would not be realized.

(Bart) #2

Welcome on board! Don't forget to subscribe to the contest updates thread to receive a notification when we have news to share.

PS: I wasn't entirely clear in the blogpost, but the #mad-science-wip tag was meant for the model uploads and not for the forum posts. You can remove it if you want :smile:

(Theedstar1) #3

I knew doctor raptor was real ! Ha ha ha ha ha ha nice job I'm fascinated on how quickly you completed this I'm really impressed. Nice work on the textures and ncloth

(Alex) #4

@bartv, O'K, I've fixed (I inserted tag because many previous post also had that, so I was not alone :grinning: )
@THEEDSTAR1 Thank you. This dinosaur already was used for similar purposes, so I currently only fixed lab coat and designed some "mad" computer stuff.

(Theedstar1) #5

Doctor raptor still looks good in a lab code tho ha ha ha ha one thing I'm a fan of Doctor raptor from today

(Alex) #6

Tiny addition: special keyboard and floor adapted for creative madness ...

(Alex) #7

New idea due to Blender bug :smirk: - because of this bug drawing on the slate was invisible after saving in obj file. After spending some time and fixing blender file, I realized - certainly it should not be visible, Dr. Raptor erased the secret drawing ... but not very accurate and some trace of tricky plans is still there

(Theedstar1) #8

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha as i squint very hard to uncover Dr Raptors devious schemes

(Alex) #9

Even in 3D the trace of secret plans is visible only at dark night with ultraviolet light

(Alex) #10

Dr. Raptor is still working on mad theories and waiting for weird equipment for crazy experiments ...

(Alex) #11

If it power supply or Dr. Raptor's pet?

(Alex) #12

Further tiny progress. Cactus -- is programmer's best friend (from ancient legends)

(Alex) #13

Not so long time ago Unicode Technical Committee raised question about design of Unicode of symbols for dinosaurs . Yet, I did not find an appropriate one and decided to use DRAGON FACE instead

UPDATE:
Just found, on Linux the same symbol for dragon face looks different

(Technoir) #14

I love it, I love the idea, reminds me of The Adventures of T-Rex

(Alex) #15

Thank you @technoir for pointing the story of dinosaur's adventures. I think, Dr. Raptor should be both comic and heroic character as well, e.g. struggle with asteroids threat to dinosaurs using rocket launched by power of electric ray

(Alex) #16

Almost ready to fly ...

(Alex) #17

Forgotten telescope is added to model

(Theedstar1) #18

HA HA HA HA Haaaaaaaa yess yessss yesssss doctor raptors setup is looking amazing

(Alex) #19

Thank you @THEEDSTAR1 , let's continue

Turning stars background on - O'K

Turning power on for home and computer using electric ray - O'K

Testing railgun rocket launcher ... not O'K (electric ray is hungry)

(Alex) #20

Blender render: a bit more crazy due to reflections and refractions :smile: