Duplicate Projects

(Henkdawson) #9

Bartv - Thanks for your quick reply! So - is this feature available now?

(Bart) #10

Ah sorry, I meant I added your '+1', that wasn't clear :-/

(Wturber) #11

Yes. Duplicating projects would be a great time saver. Perhaps this could be added as an option when re-uploading. That is where I can really use it - when re-uploading new variations that keep many of the same features as the existing project - for instance surfaces and annotations.

So, has this ever been implemented?

(Jarufi) #12

Any news on this one? I will have upcoming dozens of models to upload. All shoud have a similar look and feel. We are discussing different WebGL solutions right now. Sketchfab is really great but not being able to use duplicates or private templates is sadly a downside on sketchfab. First requests on a feature like this were postet in 2015. I feel that something like this should be an essential pro-feature. (Which would even attract more users to go Pro I bet :blush:) Thanks for any info about it. Best regards
Jan-Ruben

(Dinoinglese) #13

Yes please this is a must have feature to be able to copy and paste projects.

(Jamesmcdermid3 D) #14

+1 definitely need!!!

(Tod Adkins) #15

Put me on the ticket too! I actually would love to do some different versions. It's nice to review with clients things like different poly count, material and lighting options, and also to test things and not break your previous scene or start a new one from scratch.

(Santi Rivera) #16

Definitively needed. As changing backgrounds for customer is not possible by now, the only way is to have two versions with same properties but different background.

(Renderingstudio) #17

+1 Definitively needed!

(David11) #18

+1 I could really use this. With even a semi-complex scene I can not edit it for fear of having to redo all the sketchfab settings.

(Gabrielgonzalezdm) #19

Please we need it! Thanks

(Cheshire Creative) #20

Hey Sketchfab devs.

What's happened to this feature request?

You've said that this is one of the most requested features and we've been asking for it for at least 20 months.

Can you please let us know what progress has been made?

Workflow is cripplingly slow and involves so a load of time wasting repetition we really need the ability to duplicate a project/model.

(Laurent Imasud) #21

I agree with all your comments.
This feature is more than important and asked by many users in many posts…

Hi @bartv
Its been a very long time since this subject was posted.
Can you add a +150 to the wishlist ? :slight_smile:

Reagards

(Bart) #22

I can’t do +150, but I’ll definitely add your +1.

(Cheshire Creative) #23

Hey Bart
You’ve been adding +1s for over 2 years for this request!

What’s happening?

(Bart) #24

This has been moved to our short(er) term roadmap. I can’t be more specific than that, I’m afraid.

(Mrchristopher3d) #25

I’ve been uploading some models for a client, and he wants simple variations of this model set up to show a different label applied.

Right now I have to upload the model and re-setup the lighting and materials for each one. It’s such tedious duplicative work. Is there no way to duplicate a model??? If I could just duplicate a model all I would need to do would be to replace one of the textures and be done with it.

The biggest challenge is that there’s no way to actually make the lights be the same because there’s virtually no numerical control for them. It’s a huge pain.

Please add model duplication!

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add your '+1' to this feature request.

It's on our todo list, but it's quite a complicated feature. At the moment, we do have some experimental user scripts to copy settings between models: https://forum.sketchfab.com/t/post-processing-and-material-presets/1750

(Pandan) #27

This would be an awesome feature. Presets would be even cooler.

Being able to download your model's 3D settings would be killer. Maybe download their properities into a .txt with all the values (Lighting controls, materials, etc).

Then users could re-upload their settings, or save a file of their favorite sketchfab settings locally to use for a set of models.

That or even save those presets on the website.

(Dinoinglese) #28

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1