Duplicate Projects

(Mrchristopher3d) #25

I’ve been uploading some models for a client, and he wants simple variations of this model set up to show a different label applied.

Right now I have to upload the model and re-setup the lighting and materials for each one. It’s such tedious duplicative work. Is there no way to duplicate a model??? If I could just duplicate a model all I would need to do would be to replace one of the textures and be done with it.

The biggest challenge is that there’s no way to actually make the lights be the same because there’s virtually no numerical control for them. It’s a huge pain.

Please add model duplication!

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll add your '+1' to this feature request.

It's on our todo list, but it's quite a complicated feature. At the moment, we do have some experimental user scripts to copy settings between models: https://forum.sketchfab.com/t/post-processing-and-material-presets/1750

(Pandan) #27

This would be an awesome feature. Presets would be even cooler.

Being able to download your model's 3D settings would be killer. Maybe download their properities into a .txt with all the values (Lighting controls, materials, etc).

Then users could re-upload their settings, or save a file of their favorite sketchfab settings locally to use for a set of models.

That or even save those presets on the website.

(Dinoinglese) #28

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1

(Hsfcb) #29

Hi,

I would also recommend to implement a duplication feature for models, e.g. for using the same base model in varying contexts. This could be usefull for educational purposes, e.g. adding annotations in different languages or levels of difficulty.
Is this feature still on top of the todo list?

Cheers,
Dietmar

Thanks for the feedback and use case. Yes, this feature request is still one of the most requested.

(Astro Logix) #31

Has this feature been added?

Not yet, sorry, but I'll add your '+1'

(Peerhasefer2) #33

Any updates in this feature?????

Not yet, sorry!

(Cheshire Creative) #35

Hi James

Any ETA on this feature? Really need it...

Hi,

The feature is planned, but it's not on the short-term roadmap yet, so I don't have an ETA.

(Misumi Europa) #37

+1 here too.

(Plasticarm) #38

Yeah. for real… This would be nice.

I’ve combined duplicate forum threads together here.

(Ringsofwhite) #40

Just uploaded 22 characters at once, with similar lights and settings, that would have been incredibly useful (or at least being able to save the settings - is that possible?).
My company has also asked me if i could transfer my ‘files’ to them, so that it would be more official when they post my work on social medias but that means reuploading all those 22 characters, am i right?

We’re actively working on both a Presets feature so that you can copy settings from one project to another.

(3 Do) #42

+1 ^^
My client ask us different version of a same project, it will be so useful not to redo all materials, lighting etc.
Thanks a lot !
Love Sketchfab :slight_smile: So do my clients ^^

We now offer a model duplication feature for Pro accounts and above. I hope it helps!

(Distance880) #44

Amazing! Thank you very much! This will be a very useful feature.